• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets new payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great, 14 year guys and above getting one raise and then nothing for 8 years doesnt concern you, but the credit card does. I hope Karma is a bitch for you.

Remember, this is MY vote, that best fits my current needs. Your vote and needs will probably be different than mine. I would love it if we could all be BBJ PICs making $220,000. But that fact is, we only have 2 or 3 BBJs, so 95 percent of us will never be there. Since the majority of us will only fly the C-Xs and smaller, my hope is to bring up the pay for the majority. We currently have (close to) 800 post rat guys that are making less than $50,000. My kids are on the gov't assisted lunch program. If this passess, we will have NOBODY making less than $59,000 (not sure of the exact number). I hear of PICs laughing at SICs for taking all the crewfood to the hotel, or being "slam clickers"....its because we are BROKE.

When you started with NJs, what was the starting pay? what was the top pay? Are you making more than you ever thought you would make at NJs?....be honest.

When you got hired, how long was upgrade times? we are looking at close to 5 yrs, and probably longer for some.

When I was hired on here, I liked the 7n7. Then I realized that with no money, it did me no good. It does me no good to be home with no money.

There is a lot of concern regarding the probable length of this contract and how inflation will affect the buying power of the employees if it extends beyond the 5 year point.

However, if it does go beyond 5 years, the company has to adjust the entire payscale relative to the consumer price index commencing in 2013.

I'll base my numbers on a 4 year captain today and a 3% cost of living adjustment to the payscale 5 years from now. 5 years from now a 4 year captain will be a 9 year captain.

9 year capt 7/7: 115,000 cpi adjust: 118,000
10 yr capt 7/7: 119,000 cpi adjust: 125,000
11 yr capt 7/7 123,000 cpi adjust: 133,000
12 yr cpat 7/7 127,000 cpi adjust: 141,500

This is the beauty of a cpi adjustment on top of a longevity raise. The 12th year has a 14,5000 dollar difference in salary compared to no cpi adjustment.

The numbers for the 15 day and fixed 18 day schedule are 156,000 and 172,000 for a 12 year Capt in the above example. I think most people could survive on this pay with no problem.

This doesn't sound too bad Soccer.

Let's see if I am understanding this correctly. So let's say it is the year 2014 with an 8 year captain.

The captain would get his standard from the contract 3.5% raise when he becomes an 8 year Captain in 2014 and then would also get a CPI adjustment added to his pay?

So let's say the Consumer Price Index inflation number from the government says inflation was 13% in 2013, the pilot would get a 13% raise in addition to the 3.5% raise?

Is that correct?

Thanks

partially correct

Those numbers I posted only apply if the company decides to 'exercise the option' which is posted in sec 30 of the contract.

If they don't, we start sec 6 negotiating in 2013.

Sec 6 may last up to two years and during that 2 year time period the cola adjustments will not happen and the only raises will be based on longevity.

Hi!

Skiandsurf:
U could substitite teach on your days off. WI is one of the most restrictive states to qualify as a sub, and all you need is a 4 year degree. It is paying about $120/day. So, if you subbed 4 days, ever tour home, you would make an extra $1000/month.

If I go NetJets, I will sub as much as my CEO will allow.

cliff
YIP

incomplete answer to your question

sorry, forgot to answer that second part of your question.

I used a generic cpi adjustment to illustrate what the pay would look like. According to section 30 the cpi adjustment is based on information published by the bureau of labor statistics from the previous calendar year.

This means that the 2013 adjustment would reflect data published by the bureau for 2012.

I believe that if inflation went way up, our pay would adjust accordingly.

Latest resources

Back