• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets new payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have also heard the vote will occur around Nov 20 and the pay will kick in immediately if it passes. The new domiciles will open Dec. 1.

Doyle, I hope you understand that is exactly the point I was trying to make in my own facetious and sarcastic kind of way.

Take the money while we can, if you are not familiar with this concept I can give you a few guys to talk to at the majors about how quickly it can all go away.

Guys, it sounds great, Congrat's! I hope they call me for an interview!

Ok, that was my point as well. Take a good offer today rather than rolling the dice and guessing on future economic developments.

There is a lot of concern regarding the probable length of this contract and how inflation will affect the buying power of the employees if it extends beyond the 5 year point.

However, if it does go beyond 5 years, the company has to adjust the entire payscale relative to the consumer price index commencing in 2013.

I'll base my numbers on a 4 year captain today and a 3% cost of living adjustment to the payscale 5 years from now. 5 years from now a 4 year captain will be a 9 year captain.

9 year capt 7/7: 115,000 cpi adjust: 118,000
10 yr capt 7/7: 119,000 cpi adjust: 125,000
11 yr capt 7/7 123,000 cpi adjust: 133,000
12 yr cpat 7/7 127,000 cpi adjust: 141,500

This is the beauty of a cpi adjustment on top of a longevity raise. The 12th year has a 14,5000 dollar difference in salary compared to no cpi adjustment.

The numbers for the 15 day and fixed 18 day schedule are 156,000 and 172,000 for a 12 year Capt in the above example. I think most people could survive on this pay with no problem.

The numbers for the 15 day and fixed 18 day schedule are 156,000 and 172,000 for a 12 year Capt in the above example. I think most people could survive on this pay with no problem.

I think that Diesel and Gunfyter will have a problem with that "low" pay.

One thing to realize is the only way the company can extend the extra three years to 2016 is if we are doing 85% of the international flying. That basically equates to NJI being integrated, and that also indirectly keeps the NJE operation in check. That scope protection is important. If they give us that 85%, would it be so bad to extend the three years? I don't think so, not at this pay rate anyway. It is tempting to see how much more we could get right now, but why not take this as a decent step up in the right direction.

Damn right. Shouldn't have to work 18 days. Should have been 16 days... or be able to bid to work fewer days by seniority.

You are right, but at least with this IBB, we can choose how much we want to work, an how much we want to make. Just a hunch, but all these guys that dont want to work that many days, will bid the 18 day schedule for the money. We are whores.

You can stay on the 7n7 and make the same as the current reserve.

Recently, I was talking to one of our BigWig pax about "making it big". I asked him if the workload gets bigger or smaller the higher up he gets. He said the workload is too much. Phone calls from the house to all over the world start at 6am and go till late at night. And the travel is nonstop. So if you want to make more money, unfortunatly, you have to work for it.

Latest resources

Back