• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets new payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as you are at the airport at your show time, you are good to go, I don't know if it is true, but I heard of one pilot from Indianapolis driving to Dallas to go to work. Once you are at work, if they don't want to use you they have to provide a hotel if you live to far away, I forget the exact distance and time.

The current union contract is not up, the company and the union engaged in IBB (Interest Based Bargaining.) The IBB proposal is quite comprehensive, however. If the IBB is not ratified by the union members, we will still be under the 05 contract.

Sorry to be ignorant (don't usually read NJ threads) but is there any restriction to how close you have to be to one of these new bases?

Nope, no restrictions like that at all. You'll get a report time by 6pm the evening prior. As long as you can be there at that time, the company doesn't care at all where you actually live.

Also, didn't you guys just get a new contract a while back (like the last two years)? It just seems so soon to have a new contract ...

Yes, it's a fairly new contract, just shy of two years old. We were interested in fixing some stuff on our end that we weren't completely happy with (bases, pay, lack of a PTO system), and the company was interested in fixing a few things it didn't like. So we entered voluntary Interest-Based Bargaining to see if we could hammer some changes out before the contract's amendable date, and without conventional Section 6 bargaining.

Will it work? Don't know; we'll have to see how the vote shakes out. It turned into a bigger project than I think was originally intended, but I think it has potential. I'm still reading and digesting everything that's in it.

Hi!

Skiandsurf:
U could substitite teach on your days off. WI is one of the most restrictive states to qualify as a sub, and all you need is a 4 year degree. It is paying about $120/day. So, if you subbed 4 days, ever tour home, you would make an extra $1000/month.

If I go NetJets, I will sub as much as my CEO will allow.

cliff
YIP

My wife does substitute, and she is lucky to get 1 day a week. There is more work towards the end of the year. Its all done by computer now, and as soon as a job is posted, someone is waiting to take the job. I have thought about doing this, but like I said, not enough work.

I hate to add this but, what comes around goes around. Sorry for the noose around the neck, but mine is feeling a little bit looser if this passes. You guys sold out all the new hires and future pilots on bases and pay. So, time to pay up on this end. No one here thought of the future guys. If they did you would have held tough and voted no on the 2005 until we ALL had hba. But, you chosr to take care of your own so, how can I look to the tp paying guys and not take care of me first. When does this pilot group start thinking of everyone? I hate to see anyone take a pay cut, pay freeze or give up anything. But, then again, I would have never sold out any new hires..(on property or not). This new IBB makes it attractive for new people to come here..and that is awesome! I look forward to the new deal! On the next contract I promise to push for you to keep your hba and get you a huge pay raise!

Great point. Do you think that these pre-rat guys were concerned about the post-rat guys when they voted for 5 domiciles and low pay for the newhires? Now they want us to vote against our own needs.

Yup, same guys that preached we should vote no because of the B-scale domicile system in the '05 contract are the ones wanting to deny you the 100 bases now. I am all for attracting the better qualified pilots out there, and this is a way to do it. Makes my job much better when I can relax a bit about the new guy next to me. I also like the thought that he didn't just drive 5 hours at 2am to meet me on day 1 for 4 legs of flying.

"Makes my job much better when I can relax a bit about the new guy next to me."

I think my portion of the crew brief when I fly with each different captain will be "I'm new, NOT stupid!":beer:

Sorry I just got really tired of 9 outta 10 Comair captains trying to size me up every trip because I was a little younger than most. After awhile when they asked "Where did you fly before this?" My first answer would be "Not the Academy, never been there.." or " Nowhere, this is my first flight."

I would welcome and recommend that for your brief anyday, it speaks volumes to me right there! I used to be in your shoes, being told I was too young to be a captain etc etc at previous jobs, it sucks. I have flown with guys on their second career here at NJA that are fresh out of the certificate factory and their 2000 RJ hours, and the flying here at NJA is way too much for them at first.
It takes more than reading checklists sometimes to get 'er done, a little improvisation that you learn with experience comes in handy.

Great point. Do you think that these pre-rat guys were concerned about the post-rat guys when they voted for 5 domiciles and low pay for the newhires? Now they want us to vote against our own needs.

yes we were concerned......just like we were concerned about driving hours and hours for 5 YEARS STRAIGHT.....

you guys got it pretty easy now.......so your welcome.....

Latest resources

Back