• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets layoff now??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Careful you don't make B19s argument for him.

Full medical for furloughed pilots? I understand the company saying, "thanks but no thanks".

I wouldn't be surprised if the company layed off some non pilot positions, but I think it will take a lot more pain before they get to the pilots. The furlough language in the contract and the cost of retraining so many into required positions that would be furloughed (I believe the Sovereign has a ton of very junior FOs that would need to be replaced if a furlough occurs so the fleet can operate) just makes actually furloughing more expensive than eating salaries for quite a while. From what I've heard the union has offered some ideas to the company recently and the company has told them the suggestions are so far unnecessary. They have been making it more clear that leaves of absense are readily available with full medical coverage paid by the company while out. I'd guess they will offer some buyouts for the older guys also before they furlough any pilots and I also expect them to reduce the 18 day schedule quite a bit also before they furlough. I guess only time will tell for sure.

I think we will know by tonight.

They certainly could lay off if they wanted to ... but so far they have said they do not want to....

Glass ... the full medical would be for guys over 60 who took buyout. There are people who would otherwise retire but staying to keep medical benefits.

===================

Well I think we know now. It sounds like you are right.... They want to reduce workdays somehow ... Reduction of 18 day schedule? Something else .... Not specified. But it sounds like no furloughs

Last edited:
Sorry doomsayers, and thanks for those voicing true concern, but we are not going to furlough anyone at this time. The boss actually looks at us all as family, and just today verified that.

Sorry doomsayers, and thanks for those voicing true concern, but we are not going to furlough anyone at this time. The boss actually looks at us all as family, and just today verified that.
Not only that ... it sounds like the Union and Company cooperated somehow to prevent any furlough. Details we don't know yet. I guess 19 is wrong again!

No furloughs, just more rumors and flame bait. Sorry.

Sticking your head in the sand and saying that furloughs can't happen is shortsighted and naive.

Look at one fact, flying has recovered a little bit, but not anywhere near '07 levels and guess what we are staffed to fly, yeah '07 levels.

I hope no staff reductions take place, but I'm a realist also.

In the bottom 15#s at NJA.. just to prepare w/ the wife (& thankfully she has a good job);
does anyone know how long unemployment benefits last normally? Anyone know the normal % of your salary? Never had experience w/ unemployment (guess that is a good thing).
Preparing for worst, hoping for the best.

In the bottom 15#s at NJA.. just to prepare w/ the wife (& thankfully she has a good job);
does anyone know how long unemployment benefits last normally? Anyone know the normal % of your salary? Never had experience w/ unemployment (guess that is a good thing).
Preparing for worst, hoping for the best.

That depends on the state you live in. I don't think it is a percentage of salary, 5 years ago I was getting the max that the state I lived in payed, something like $350. a week.

He's management. Take it for what you want, I'm just relaying what he said. These times suck either way you look at it. Hopefully he's wrong.

He is wrong..From the horses mouth..Not laying off unless we are in a Depression...lots of things in the hopper..Keep your rumor BS to yourself....

Middle MGMT... what a bunch of clowns

Latest resources

Back