• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Gv Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RTH there are scabs everywhere. Even in our house as the IBT has no say in who is hired.

That said I'd like to comment on something Wolf mentioned. Believe it or not I know there are good and bad things about being Union and NonUnion. In fact I wish there were better ways to rid ourselves of guys that are not actually Capt material who somehow continue to pass checkrides. I believe that many of the check airman just don't want the hassle of doing the paperwork required. That isn't a Union problem it's a Pilot problem. What the Union does do is allow a person the right based on pure seniority the right to try to be a Captain. It's unfortunate that some guys pass when they probably shouldn't. I've only flown with 2 guys that fit into that category in 7 years here. But I'm sure there are a couple of them at NJI as well.

I also hope that Gulfstream comes out with a 250. It would be nice to see how they can improve a pretty nice ride.

Moderator Comment!!

DO-82 driver and WGFP48. I understand that there is tension in any conversation where the word Scab and Union come up in the same sentence. All I am asking is that you please not let your frusteration from PMs to eachother spill over to the public side of the board. If you have a problem with EACHOTHER, keep it in the PM side. If there is somthing productive you can add to the thread that involves all of us then great, but please keep the name calling and personal arguments between the two of you.

Thanks

WGFP48 said:
If your battle is with RTS, then leave NJI alone! We will be happy to continue doing our job day to day with out IBT/Teamsters 1108 or any other union...just think Jimmy Hoffa's boys!! How disgusting....

Kaye: "Don't be naive Michael, Senators don't have people killed."

Michael: "Oh now who is being naive Kaye? "

Jimmy Hoffa was no angel. But at least he wasn't a hypocrit... Like the Kennedys.

What I find disgusting are the money barons and their crimes... But just wait the NY AG has the high profile ones on his list... how else will he become governor of NY.

Spyguy said:
Rocker,
Then maybe you can enlighten us as to the simple fact of why SOOO many pilots DON'T want to represented by the 1108 and are applying to NJI? Are they out of their minds? NJI must be doing something right.

Do you really think it's because "SOOOO" many pilots dont want to be represented (which is what you meant to say) by 1108 and thats the reason they are applying to NJI??? C'mon dude! You dont think that perhaps the fact that you can be based basically anywhere with NJI has anything to do with it right now, do yah??? Duhhhh???

I think it's pretty easy to understand why you guys have "SOOOO" many more resumes than NJA.....I would rather live at home too than have to move to LA or CMH.

But hey, maybe YOU can "enlighten" us on something that we dont know about why you have "SOOO" many resumes over there at NJI???

Last edited:
Wow...I could imagine. "Lets get ready to rumble" As out of shape as most pilots are, we would straggle to the middle of the ring...mock eachother a bit..catch our breath and then offer the other guy a beer at the local happy hour 2 for 1. I think a cage fight would just turn out to be unproductive...by hey, im thirsty so sure, lets fight LOL

Guitar rocker said:
But hey, maybe YOU can "enlighten" us on something that we dont know about why you have "SOOO" many resumes over there at NJI???

Ok, and then give up on the stupid vendetta on NJI. Let your new hires fly from home. You say you’re already getting every airplane but the G Bird. Just live with that, you already have the highest paid Citation pilots in the world. (C500 series)

RTRHD said:
Ok, and then give up on the stupid vendetta on NJI. Let your new hires fly from home. You say you’re already getting every airplane but the G Bird. Just live with that, you already have the highest paid Citation pilots in the world. (C500 series)
We (NJA pilots) feel that NJI was formed as a separate company specifically to avoid unionization (letting the pilots have a choice). Let's let the courts determine if that's true. Santulli promised that they would later be combined. He lied. We would like all of our pilots to have the same ability to fly from home like NJI. Santulli says fly from home is too expensive.

Again, it's not some stupid vendetta on NJI although I understand why you want to try to spin it that way. I have a choice and I choose to pursue the single carrier thingy. You don't have a choice. You chose not to have a choice. You brag about not having a choice. Let's just stop all of the chest thumping and let the courts decide. I promise to live with the decision if you will.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back