• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Recalls will happen regardless of the status of a successor agreement to our contract.

The two events have NOTHING to do with one another.

The company will start recalls when the need arises. (which I now believe will happen much sooner than originally forecast)

A successor agreement will be ratified when the pilot group is presented a reasonable offer. (which I believe will take many years from now considering the absurd and out of touch "bargaining goals" the company presented to pilot negotiators last month)

The company will probably claim some sort of job action when the wheels come off. They are so shortsighted and couldn't possible blame themselves.

Recalls will happen regardless of the status of a successor agreement to our contract.

The two events have NOTHING to do with one another.

The company will start recalls when the need arises. (which I now believe will happen much sooner than originally forecast)

A successor agreement will be ratified when the pilot group is presented a reasonable offer. (which I believe will take many years from now considering the absurd and out of touch "bargaining goals" the company presented to pilot negotiators last month)

I disagree. Recalling furloughed pilots removes a threat from their tool kit. In my opinion, they will do ANYTHING to avoid recalls while negotiations are ongoing. It's one of the reasons they "hope" for a quick resolution.

The need for recalls is already becoming evident and yet they still claim recalls are at least two years out. That is NOT a coincidence.

Other than that, I agree there will not be an agreement until a LEGITIMATE proposal is presented. And absurd is a pretty good word for their "framework."

I disagree. Recalling furloughed pilots removes a threat from their tool kit. In my opinion, they will do ANYTHING to avoid recalls while negotiations are ongoing. It's one of the reasons they "hope" for a quick resolution.

The need for recalls is already becoming evident and yet they still claim recalls are at least two years out. That is NOT a coincidence.

Other than that, I agree there will not be an agreement until a LEGITIMATE proposal is presented. And absurd is a pretty good word for their "framework."

I'll meet ya' half-way....

I agree they have a strong incentive not to initiate recalls while negotiations are ongoing - as you mentioned, it weakens their bargaining position.

However, if they continue to drive this bus closer to the breaking point, and stretch staffing beyond sustainable limits, something is going to give.

Judging by the boiling animus that is cementing our resolve into the reality that we won't settle for anything less than significant contractual gains, my guess is they'll snap before we do.

I'll meet ya' half-way....

I agree they have a strong incentive not to initiate recalls while negotiations are ongoing - as you mentioned, it weakens their bargaining position.

However, if they continue to drive this bus closer to the breaking point, and stretch staffing beyond sustainable limits, something is going to give.

Judging by the boiling animus that is cementing our resolve into the reality that we won't settle for anything less than significant contractual gains, my guess is they'll snap before we do.

Fair enough.

Have you ever been driving behind a car with a warped rim and the tire is wobbling so bad you fear the poor schmuck is going off the road any second?

There ya go...

Actually, I can recall at least one very specific instance where the company asked NJASAP for relief. It was for an around-the-world trip the owner (a valuable owner with big shares in big airplanes) had done with same crew, every year, for a decade.

The union told the company to pound sand and it cost the owner an extra $75,000 in crew swaps. So your theory doesn't hold water.

But what do I know? I'm just an A-Teamer.

By the way, we call it Bubba Club.

If the owner was that important, the company could have sucked up that $75k and aside from a couple new faces mid-trip, the owner wouldn't have known the difference.

The "Bubba Club" has hit 500 pilots, spouses and children like a "Billy Club". But if that makes you feel good about yourselves...

And if you want to talk brotherhood and solidarity, take a look at a seniority/schedule list of who is on the 18 day schedule. THOSE are the people you should be talking to. If they started bidding off the 18 day, en masse, even at only 10% per bid period the current staffing shortage would become critical. Fast.

Don't lump us all in the same group. I bid the 18 day because I must. I'm holding up my family, my parents in law, and doing my best to pay off debt from many years of being a CFI (back in the $8/hr days), sh1t wages and 2 moves for 3 airlines, two of which no longer exist, and a defunct corporate flight dept.
I'd happily work less if I could afford it.

Sorta sounds like 495 of us doing similar with a lot less income than any current NJA pilot.

Not all furloughed guys are in financial hardship, but many are. Quite a few are over in the sandbox right now to avoid it. I'm sure your situation requires the extra work days and I'm sure you'd rather have the extra time off, but I don't think you're going to gain much sympathy from the guys on the street.

Don't lump us all in the same group. I bid the 18 day because I must. I'm holding up my family, my parents in law, and doing my best to pay off debt from many years of being a CFI (back in the $8/hr days), sh1t wages and 2 moves for 3 airlines, two of which no longer exist, and a defunct corporate flight dept.
I'd happily work less if I could afford it.

Says the guy not furloughed... you would have a different perspective trying to do that while starting over again in china, india or the box, or if youre lucky in the states in a RJ or flying for some ******************** supp carrier... You and a lot of others that are on the 18 day and those picking up extended days need to have a slice of humble pie...

Latest resources

Back