• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
g4

We know who you are hero

Continue to dig yourself into a hole

Now commence to being lonely tonight because Their ain't no way a woman would put up with you

Bye now ya hear

"union crazies". You use that term a lot. You open the door to this kind of insult and/or keep it going. The good news is, you’re out gunned.

I remember sitting next to one of your NJI brethren in the hotel restaurant for breakfast. This was back in early 2007. The SIC was ok. The captain had a big stick up his ass about the union. I never brought it up.

The term "union crazies" only refers to the really hard core guys, not the normal members. I know I am WAY outgunned. I enjoy the conversations, though.

By choice, I have been unplugged from the electronic world for more than two weeks now. Closed Facebook, deleted FI and the union board from the favorites list, stopped reading on the internet (it's amazing how long the ipad battery lasts now), watched only sports on TV, read books instead of the newspaper. It was a refreshing change.

When I dipped my toe back in this morning, imagine my horror to discover my old colleague stirring the drink yet again. As I've said here before, yes G4Dude really is a G550/450 guy, yes I know who he is, but no, we don't all agree with him.

I know he can be over-the-top. But given the frequent displays of resentment, vitriol, disdain, and outright hate shown toward former NJI on the boards and in person, I can understand his frustration bubbling over from time to time. Witness several of the comments above.

He's entitled to express his opinion as are you (well, for at least a couple more years). But did any of you ever think a better approach might be to start a PM conversation and exchange ideas, questions, or opinions in a calm and respectful manner? How about a phone call to explain why this is no longer Richie's Netjets and we must all hang together or we surely will hang separately? In my best Jesse Jackson imitation: "Educate instead of distribute hate."

Instead, many dismiss him as an idiot, call him more fanciful names, insult his parentage, and the like. Yeah, THAT'S a sure way to build unity. Substitute ALL of the former NJI here and you begin to understand why NJASAP puts the FUN in dysfunctional.

I can tell you that there are some that believe exactly as the Dude does, including the guy I was paired with this tour. But there many former NJI who will strongly embrace the notion of a hard line and many more that will at least support a strike should it come to that. Painting with a broad brush is always messy.

As for me personally, my decidedly better half has a strike star on her pilot wings so I FULLY understand the implications of what is about to happen. In a worst case scenario, I will be well-prepared and could find plenty of ways to enjoy some extra time at home.

Thankfully, that prospect is at least 18-24 months away and provides time better spent discussing rather than shouting.

Speaking of thanks, best wishes to all of you, namecallers and shouters included, for a Happy Thanksgiving wherever this stupid industry may find you today.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am once again unplugging my electronic umbilical cord.

Come on man. This guy is a self admitted wannabe scab. He has expressed his enthusiasm for scabbing. He deserves neither indulgence or understanding, only contempt.

You still gonna feel this way about him if he ends up gleefully flying your work some day?

I think solidarity building is great, but some people are beyond persuading. No amount of hand holding will change that.

Expressing an opinion..no problem

Expressing an overwhelming willingness to SCAb. = A cancer to the entire NJA pilot group, and professional aviators throughout the US. His opinion was just that, right up to the point a while back when he publically decided he would scab. He gives the rest of NJA a bad name just by being there.

You guys need some serious help with your paranoia. It's a sickness that be cured.

Paranoia? If an individual makes demonstrative statements affecting your livelihood, is that paranoia? No, what you are reading is an understandable reaction to actual threats made by GIV.

Guess you’re right.

G4dude, for the sake of mankind, you should stop stirring things up and making people nervous. You must conform and not ruin careers and futures. Superior intellect knows what is best and their direction must be followed. Dues are being paid for their insight…and travel and entertainment expenses to Vegas and other suitable cities for them to pontificate on the members well being.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back