• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Globals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From everyone who supports NJASAP and would stand behind their brothers...your welcome:rolleyes:...

For someone who's disliking of Unions has been notorious for the better part of 2 years. It sure seems that every thing you enjoy now.. IE Job security, pay, benefits, QOL on the road..... Is a direct result of being part of the Union.. Do you think your 401k, medical benefits, quality of hotels, quality of crew meals, pay, schedule, training days, would have remained intact if you weren't in a union?

If your pondering the answer I'll help you out. They wouldn't have remained the same.. Especially when Sokol took over..

BTW, if you do decide to take that $200K job, (which I sure hope you do), pray to god the company doesn't experience financial hardship. I assume your not that dense to not know what departments get hacked the quickest when things turn sour.

Good grief

Almost all the benefits you describe were better when NJI was non union. As to job security, the union does not provide ANY of that, the company does by being profitable. And you are right, the lack of security elsewhere is the main reason I have stayed so long. I have had 11 flight departments close their doors on me. Remember, the union didn't help you personally at all when the layoffs came. BTW, did you get a good job? I hope so.
One question: you mentioned "financial hardship". Do you believe the union would be able to stop more layoffs if NJA experiences more financial hardship? Of course not. This is not to slam the union, but an expression of reality. The investors (stockholders) will not keep excess pilots if they are not needed, union or no union.

G4 why don't you do a little reading on what happened on 9/11/09, and the weeks surrounding that date. Then let us know whether the union contract provides some benefit.

What happened on 9/11/09?

Really??? Ok.

David Sokol ruthlessly let go of several hundred non-bargaining employees at random.

G4 is doing good work making sure many are organized and together and on the same side! and not G4's side!!!

That's my goal! :) By the way, I think an in house union like NJASAP or Southwest's is much better than a national union like the Teamsters.

Really??? Ok.

David Sokol ruthlessly let go of several hundred non-bargaining employees at random.

It's actually what he did with the employees that weren't let go that I would like ol' G4 to research.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back