Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 40 plus crybaby!

Get over it Porter.

You're hair will get gray slower and you will maintain your weight better.

Relax, life ain't fair, you're old enough to know better.

I like Spinach and Broccoli...anyone care to expound on this....

oh, and keep this thread alive.:nuts:

Ummm... some pilots fly better with their left hand than with their right, and visa versa. It's like batting, or playing hockey or football. Most people are better at one side. And if a pilot only experiences one side on occasion, it's only natural that he will not be as proficient on that side.

I don't get it. Do NJ pilots swap seats when it's your turn to be the PF? Or is this only when both pilots are type rated and 'CA qualified'? Everyone is type rated at NJ, correct?

I remember switching seats in the 1900 and CRJ. It was wierd, for the first two days. That's a cop out IMO. My right hand flies just as well as my left.

All NetJets pilots are fully typed and qualified to fly from both seats. To not let your SIC fly from the left seat is up to the PIC.

Personally, on all ferry legs the left seat is welcome to the SIC. I swap flying legs no matter who is in the back, and usually do a "rock, paper, scissors" for the first leg. It is the only fair way to do it.

10,000+ views on this thread. Holy crap. :rolleyes:

I don't get it. Do NJ pilots swap seats when it's your turn to be the PF?

In most aircraft, that's an option if the plane is empty and they have a minimum number of hours in the plane (I think it's 50). Frankly, I've never bothered -- I don't feel like rebuilding my "nest," and I'd rather just fly every other leg, empty or not.

Everyone is type rated at NJ, correct?

Correct; a full type rating (not an SIC "type") for everybody, regardless of duty position. That's part of what we offer our owners: two fully-qualified pilots.

My right hand flies just as well as my left.

Exactly. Plus, I can reach the coffee pot from the right seat in the Excel, which is the most important piece of equipment in it. :laugh:

i dont get why people even want to fly form the left. i spend half a day just getting my seat adjusted. why the hell would I want to switch seats? seems like a waste of time

Exactly. Plus, I can reach the coffee pot from the right seat in the Excel, which is the most important piece of equipment in it. :laugh:

And I must say, the best designed piece of equipment in it also! That stuff is hot, hot, hot and will still be warm the next day, should you forget to empty it the night before! Of course, that's never happened to me.:rolleyes:

X

i dont get why people even want to fly form the left. i spend half a day just getting my seat adjusted. why the hell would I want to switch seats? seems like a waste of time

agree. never understood folks who's ego feels better on one side of the plane over the other.

and the "I land better from one side" argument is weak. A professional pilot should be comfortable either way. It's the same sight picture. It's just which way the glare shield slopes and which hand you use.

99% of the time the SIC's don't care either. Who wants to rebuild their nest 4 times a day? It usually happens when someone has sim recurrent coming up and haven't flown from the left seat for 6 months. They understandably want to rehearse their flows with someone who does it all the time. In my plane they are welcome to it. There's less to do in the right seat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back