Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it happens. I'm willing to guess it has very little to do with flying ability and everything to do with ego and control. I one time flew co-captain as the junior guy. My partner told me he was going to fly all the pax legs. When I suggested that we just take turns and let the chips fall, he insisted that he was going to fly all the pax legs. Now bear in mind that this guy was less than 100 numbers senior to me and I was an IOE Captain at the time.

I just laughed it off. In the big scheme of things its really not that big of a deal. Some guys are just tools.

That brings up an interesting point. I suppose there are two schools of thought:

1. I'm flying with a junior FO (or even a senior one that I've never been paired with before) and I want to see how he does before I trust him with pax.

2. I'm flying with another Captain or even a senior FO ( or a guy I know flies great from past experience) and I just want the pax legs so if anything goes wrong it's on me and not the other guy as well.

If a pax complains about anything and the FO was flying then you're both on the hook. If they complain and the Captain was flying then he's on the hook alone.

What rubbed me wrong initially was Mr. Gold Seal demanding respect from his Captains as he has been hired at NetJets so therefore he must be awesome, plus the Gold Seal and three gold starts on his tie tack. I'm all for Captains perogitive.

Porter, get over yourself, you delicious sky-god you!!!

Wow!! A whole 7 months at NJA!! And 5 of those months flying the line, and not one single captain who would just swap legs with you??!! Sounds like maybe you might need to look in the mirror to find the problem. I can't imagine so many captains being jerks.

And you won't even tell us what fleet you're in.

Your posts are laughable! "Passed IOE with flying colors."?!! Uh, I'm an IOE instructor, and I assure you there's no 'flying colors'. The paperwork lets us fill in Satisfactory (S), Additional Training Needed (A), or Unsatisfactory (U). Absolutely NO ONE passes IOE until ALL squares are filled in with Satisfactory. So I guess EVERYONE passes with 'flying colors'. What makes you so special?

Some new hire classes, they only hire 1 or 2 out of 10. Others, they hire all 10. And still others no one gets hired. How do you figure that puts you in the top 20 or 30%? What if you're not as good as all 10 of the guys hired in the class previous to you? Gawd! What ego!!

So you've been here long enough to 'test' our captains? Because that's what you're telling us you're doing when you say you'll let things go on this tour just to see how far it will go with the captain (in regards to flying pax legs). What a lame excuse for not having the guts to bring up the topic with the captain. You say he's a nice guy, but you can't strike up a friendly conversation about it? Why 'test' this guy when after five months you claim you haven't flown a pax leg? Why not just bring it up now and get the ball rolling in the right direction? Maybe deep down you feel you need a few more landings before you're good enough to fly pax.

Lots of people here telling you that the best way to handle it would be to bring it up with pro-standards. And also on the union boards. So far, no good reason from you as to why you won't do this. And being on probation has NOTHING to do with it! As for getting blasted on the union boards about it, you won't be. You'll be surprised how many folks (mostly captains) will back you up on this issue!

The fact that you're posting these 'problems' (if they really exist for you) on a public message board, and won't even say what fleet you're in, shows you have a lot more maturing to do, and while this isn't your first rodeo, you've obviously been thrown off the bull enough times to cause brain damage.

By the way, I do simply swap legs (except for during IOE, which I'm not allowed to do). But if I see someone struggling (very rarely happens) I may restrict them to empty legs only for a bit. It is, after all, captain's discretion.

The 400xp fleet is great. All the captains I have flown with have been great. I have flown with captains that their first upgrade ever was here at NJA and only have 75 to 100 hours pic. They don't have the new captain ego at all like the regionals. I am young and they seem not to mind at all. I also have flown passenger legs and only have 80 hours in type. Not sure if it's fleet specific, but haven't ran into too many problems flying the line.

Yeah but you don't ram your Gold Seal CFI down everyone's throat, along with your stellar IOE performance coupled with your awesome interview skills setting you far above the rest of the lucky schmucks that somehow got the job despite obviously lacking pilot skills. Someone should keep an eye on those guys!

Yeah but you don't ram your Gold Seal CFI down everyone's throat, along with your stellar IOE performance coupled with your awesome interview skills setting you far above the rest of the lucky schmucks that somehow got the job despite obviously lacking pilot skills. Someone should keep an eye on those guys!

glass...that fcking funnny...you and I need to go drinking.

That was funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back