Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets' Captains need to get over themselves!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
...If you really need to fly passenger legs so bad I suggest going to Flight Options. We usually swap in and out of the left seat every other day...

Good point. I fly for a straight 91 operation. From day 1 out of the Sim, we are able to fly left seat with passengers in the back, as a copilot (we fly almost no empty legs). A captain should be comfortable in either seat manipulating the controls in all phases of flight.

Porter I agree with your frustration but you sound like you have an ego problem with your captains position (no pun intended) on the subject.

No offense but when you start a new job it doesn't matter if you flew the space shuttle previously on your days off from flying Air Force One. Don't go shoving your bazillion, Gold Seal, night IMC, SE, NDB to MINS, no electrics, freezing rain, gravel strip, raw data while holding, timed to a circling, inverted approachs, all on the same flight while instructing a pre solo student, of flying expertise. You sound like a cry baby and a politician at the same time...

In the corporate/fractional arena- the captain assumes all responsibility. Any complaints or issues fall on their shoulders. One day its will be your time to decide.

That statement is not accurate at NJA.

A few things to consider porter.

In the corporate/fractional arena- the captain assumes all responsibility. Any complaints or issues fall on their shoulders. One day its will be your time to decide.

According to the NTSB and the FAA this is 100% incorrect. Both pilots are responsible and both get nailed when the Capt or the FO screws up. THe Capt has the ultimate decision making of the aircraft but, trust me, I will never let any Capt fly me into a "can of worms" or get me killed. I hope and expect him to do the same for me. It is a 2 way street and the days of "king" are over. Don't believe me? Go to the NTSB sight and look at their decisions on cases. In fact, in opne case they call the FO "PIC" when he was manipulating the controls last year. In addition look at our FOM...it states both the Capt and the FO are equally responsible to know the status and contion of all maintenance done on a given airplane they fly. Both. So, I ask to see the book and ask about items MEL'd. I can be in trouble if I get ramped by an FAA guy and he asks me. It will not wash with them for me to refer him to my Capt.

The key to any tour is to respect each other, communicate with each other about everything, and have FUN! Makes the tours great. An ego has no room in our small planes (left or right seat), we are a team and our goal is the same...exceptional and safe service to all our valued owners and customers!

There is thread about this now on the NJASAP board titled "Sorting it Out". Must have gotten someone's attention. I encourage all NJ pilots that have access to take the discussion to that forum. This shouldn't have been posted here. It's an internal matter. My two cents.

To the Gold Seal weenies...

"Those that can, do.

Those that can't, teach.

Those that can't teach, evaluate."

If you're a gold sealer and proud enough of it to expect special treatment like automatic trust from day one then you might be a dork.

I've seen guys with tens of thousands of hours in heavy equipment that fly horrible. I've seen guys with relatively little time fly great. I treat every FO equal and I distrust your flying skill until I see it. It usually takes a taxi out to know but I'm gonna see ya fly once before you get the live legs, period. Gold Seal or not.

To the Gold Seal weenies...

I treat every FO equal and I distrust your flying skill until I see it. It usually takes a taxi out to know but I'm gonna see ya fly once before you get the live legs, period. Gold Seal or not.

ahhh... The word distrust is a heavy word.. I have never busted an alt. tried to take off the wrong runway, had a runway incursion etc... (knock on wood). But I've had 4 captains attempt those this year alone. LAX doesn't like it when you invade their airspace going into SMO either. Guy tried that one too because he had it in his mind to do right traffic instead of left traffic.

Not complaining, just sayin... the benefit of the doubt would be nice sometimes.

Wah Wah Wah......

There is still a captains prerogative.

The world needs ditch diggers too.

I must have had some real bad jobs in the past because I just don't care what seat (except for pay!) or what legs, etc. I don't care if I have to stock, I don't care if I have to vacuum. I don't car if my crew meal is missing 2 slices of citrus. I just enjoy knowing that every second Friday I get $$$ in the bank and have decent time off. And time to play my guitar at the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back