• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great so now you are threatening us?

Diesel said:

nope not threatening at all. this is just reality. i just can't believe the union is even serious about this one. i read your posts all of the time diesel and you're usually right on. you're way off base on this one. i'm the first one to great you guys in an fbo and wish you luck as are many of us corporate guys/gals. we all want to see you succeed on this one. believe me, it would make my job a lot easier if you were making an acceptable wage.

i've worked and continue to work at operations that have many resumes on file from NetJets pilots sick of the pay, benefits, schedule, etc. of fractional flying and can only guess the situation is the same at other Fortune 500 operation. now do you really think it's a wise move to alienate these people.

we're all rooting for you, at least for now. i'm just saying it's not wise to screw things up for others at NetJets that might wish to do something else in the future. it cuts both ways people.

the following is from asap's web page....

"When NJA pilot salaries are compared to the annual salary survey conducted by the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), NJA pilots currently earn an average of 50% base salary of other pilots in the United States who fly similar jet aircraft. Under the contract proposal, NJA pilots would have earned only an average of 55% of what other, less productive pilots earn operating the same equipment for other companies. "

first we are your peers, when it's in your best interests... now we're the enemy... first class people, first class...

Last edited:
Capt1124 said:
What a joke. When ALPA gave the Continental scabs membership, it proved pilot unions in the end are completely phony.

No, ALPA is a political organization. It played politics and saw that gaining an entire membership group at an airline was worth allowing scabs back in.

It is not black and white. If you want to say that ALPA saw green with the potential dues income then fine. But ALPA didn't just crater and welcome scabs....

I am not justifying it, just offer an explanation....

Alpa

Rez O. Lewshun said:
No, ALPA is a political organization. It played politics and saw that gaining an entire membership group at an airline was worth allowing scabs back in.

It is not black and white. If you want to say that ALPA saw green with the potential dues income then fine. But ALPA didn't just crater and welcome scabs....

I am not justifying it, just offer an explanation....

NO ALPA is just a joke, period. another fine example of scab list with no back bone. No verification, and no real identity.

I know someone falsely labled a scab(but did not know it untill somebody slipped and told him he was on the list)

That was his reward for beind a loyal ALPA member (at both Eastern and US air) (and yes he went on strike at Eastern and never went back) then was furloughed at US air. After 5 years he finally got it straightened out and was hired at Delta.

Boy, he got his moneys worth out of those dues. I hope ALPA can represent us corporate guys.

"Other less productive pilots"

You mean the ones that do all the flying 52 weeks a year, who do all their own flight plans, hotel and motel reservations, FBO reservations, clean the aircraft, see to it the maintenance is done, pay all the aircraft bills, schedule their own training, handle their own airline reservations, check the weather, load the plane with supplies, see to it the linen is done, and then fly.

Surely they will race to support you.

With all due respect, gentlemen, they DO have until June 24th to work things out. There is also the matter of the strike vote, that has yet to be taken. A high percentage of yes votes may convince the company that the pilots are standing firm in their JUSTIFIED demands. Seems to me that a "cooling off" period also has to happen first. Aren't you getting just a bit ahead of yourselves? :)

Diesel said:

See, it's happening already. If you want to really get the rest of the aviation community supporting you, you don't throw around threats. You reap what you sew. The only reason anyone is making any 'threats' to NetJet pilots, is because some morons on this board are trying so scare them. Bottom line, if I was in a wage fight with my boss, and he threatened to sell the plane and go to NetJets, would you support me? Not fly him? Not show up for work? I didn't think so. It's OK to tell someone they can't do YOUR job, it's not OK to tell them they can't do THEIRS. Historically, scabs are not people who are gainfully employed and just go on doing the same job they have been, it's always been people who are advancing their careers at the union worker's expense.

Be very careful, we (together as part 91, 125 and 135 pilots) outnumber you. We are a huge lobbying power and we ARE the NBAA. We have been supporting you in private and public forums. I've even told my boss about your plight. Now you ARE alienating us. Bad move.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Bottom line, if I was in a wage fight with my boss, and he threatened to sell the plane and go to NetJets, would you support me? Not fly him? Not show up for work? I didn't think so.

Ace

Actually, this is a VERY interesting point being made... I wonder how many of the NetJets owners are former operators of corporate aircraft. I'd be willing to bet NetJet's pilots are flying some of our old passengers... They tend to forget that they have put their fair share of pilots out on the street to begin with. At my first Fortune 500 job we had to defend ourselves from the predatory tactics of NetJets' (then Executive Jet) sales.

That's it, all of us dues-paying NBAA members need to scab-list ALL NetJets pilots. THEY ARE FLYING OUR PASSENGERS!!!

Now do you guys see how stupid you sound??? :rolleyes:

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Be very careful, we (together as part 91, 125 and 135 pilots) outnumber you. We are a huge lobbying power and we ARE the NBAA. We have been supporting you in private and public forums. I've even told my boss about your plight. Now you ARE alienating us. Bad move.

Ace

Amen brother.

Don't get me wrong guys, let me make myself clear. I would never cross a NJ picket line, and I support your efforts to increase your QOL. But c'mon, if you guys are on strike, we (part 91 corporate and 135 charter) should refuse to fly your pax???

Ok, lets say I would refuse to fly your pax, and by the way I think I indeed would refuse to fly your pax (and thefore get my ass fired) are you going to pay my food and rent until I find myself a new job???

no??? and why not? thanks "brothers" ..

Fly our pax or don't, who gives a sh!t!

Let the pax get mad, realize the Fracs aren't realy worth it and go back to having their own plane. This way we get our QOL back, better pay and we don't have to be looked at as the guys who shut "that" flight department down.

Latest resources

Back