• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Ain Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys get funnier with every page of this thread, and are in danger of completely losing the plot.

Flying "Struck Work"

The NetJets Pilot's Union Master Executive Council has not made a public decision on the "struck work" position of GA pilots flying under Part 135 of the FAR at this time.

The decision is expected soon.

Here are some excerpts from our current contract which provide guidance:

1.0 Scope
1.3 All flying performed by the Company or by the Company's parent corporation, or by a subsidiary or affiliate, which is directly or indirectly controlled by the Company, or by the Company's parent corporation, or any successor in interest, or flying performed on behalf of the Company or the Company's parent corporation as a result of any agreement to which the Company or the Company's parent corporation is a party or becomes a party, or flying utilizing the NetJets logo, shall be performed by pilots named on the Executive Jet Pilots Seniority List, except as set forth in 1.4 below.
1.4 Exception to the Scope of this Agreement:

d) American Air Services, Inc. (Executive Jet Management, EJM and any other Air Taxi Commercial Operator ATCO) whose purpose is to alleviate "overflow" situations only:
1) The intent is NOT to reduce jobs, or slow expansion, but to assist the Company in extremely busy situations.

These are the provisions allowing the company to contract "vendor" flights. They allow for "overflow" situations only, not situations where the company is trying to supplant union work.

If, as anticipated, the decision is affirmed that any and all persons flying vendor flights for NetJets will be considered as flying "struck work", a public post will be made on this message board.

My easy Job

"Flying" a desk for 14 hours is far less dangerous than piloting a plane that long. I think they will see the difference.

NetJetWife -- please do not make what I do all day sound sooo easy. By your definition, your husband's job is more important and stressful than being the President of the United States (no political discussions to start here).

No one should ever over-estimate the importance of his/her job and think that he/he is irreplaceable. Every CEO of a majpr corporation is replacable, and even the country can, has and will survive a sudden change in leadership.

To reiterate the essence of many of my posts, educating the owners can help the pilots cuase, but irritating, embarrassing or inconveniencing will result in the owners not supporting the pilots.

Fly safe.

I have to agree with NJAowner on this one. The owners are way to smart (they can't be that stupid since they're sitting in the back) to be held hostage by a buch of drivers.

They will and are making plans to go about their business. And they won't let a buch of striking pilots get in the way of their business. THAT you can count on.

I look forward to flying some of the NJowers. I have in the past, and I am confident our dept. can do it just as safe and efficient, if not more so, than NJ. As an added bonus, the folks sitting in the back can be confident that the folks sitting in the front are happy to be there.

And like the profiles...very quick and simple.

ultrarunner said:
I have to agree with NJAowner on this one. The owners are way to smart (they can't be that stupid since they're sitting in the back) to be held hostage by a buch of drivers.

They will and are making plans to go about their business. And they won't let a buch of striking pilots get in the way of their business. THAT you can count on.

I look forward to flying some of the NJowers. I have in the past, and I am confident our dept. can do it just as safe and efficient, if not more so, than NJ. As an added bonus, the folks sitting in the back can be confident that the folks sitting in the front are happy to be there.

And like the profiles...very quick and simple.

So I guess you make more the 37K a year as a Citation X Capt! SO THATS WHY YOUR NOT A PISSED OFF NJA PILOT

Mach92 said:
So I guess you make more the 37K a year as a Citation X Capt! SO THATS WHY YOUR NOT A PISSED OFF NJA PILOT

You would be correct. But that begs the question:

Why do it? Why continue to accept:

#1. A position that sets the bar so low?

and

#2. Letting it consume you to the point of hating what you are doing and who you are doing it for?

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong in moving on dude....happiness is really what matters. Press on, find a new gig, new career, whatever...

Trust me, you will be MUCH happier working in a career and job that meet your expectations, than you will fighting some battle against folks that are much stronger.

'Owner, I don't know how you got that from my post, because I never said that your job was easy or wasn't stressful. Simply that desks don't crash, and that safety is an important consideration. Your post is way over the top, sir. I made no such comparisons. Actually, I agree that very few people are irreplacable. That said, trying to replace many at one time would be problematic.

It is unfair to suggest that the NJ pilots will be "irritating, embarrassing or inconveniencing" the owners. Even from my front row seat, I am not privvy to the details of their plans. Those are kept under tight wraps. They do intend to educate/inform those involved; the ASAP website and the billboards are a good beginning. As a matter of fairness, shouldn't we wait until they make their next move before we pass judgement?

135 Scabs

First of all let me make myself clear. I would never cross a NJ picket line, and I support your efforts to increase your QOL.

BUT, A charter Captain who is doing his job, and feeding his family is not a SCAB. And what makes this even worse, is if the worst happens, and the strike puts NJ under, some of you will march right in to that charter company (carrying your scab list) and ask for a job.

How do you people plan to tell if a NJ owner booked the flight direct or not. I fly a NJ owner all the time and will continue to do so. He books me direct, and that always upsets your little gateway agents, and they try to get involved in my trip.

Are you guys gonna put every employee of every aircraft manufacturer on the scab list for building an airplane that flew a NJ trip? Are you going to put every line tech that fuels a plane that flies an NJ trip on that list? What about the owners? are you going to scab list owners that continue to travel and run their companies while you are on strike?

You may control your destiny (good or bad) at NJ, but you can not control every aircraft in corporate aviation. Rest assured if Charter pilots are being listed as scabs the rest of the industry may consider NJ pilots the same. Be careful what you start.

Don't get all worked up 400A. We'll continue to do what we do, and we'll be happy to do it, and get compensated well for it.

And in any event, IMO, NJ will continue to operate "as-is" for the forseeable future. I mean, think about it, IIRC, the ammendable date on their contract was sometime way back in 2001, so there certainly hasn't been an sense of urgency for anyone to really give a crapola about ironing out a contract.

My best guess is mid '06 at the soonest. No retroactive (they'll agree so some piddly lump sum), below NBAA median at best, very limited gateways (get yourself to work), etc...

Latest resources

Back