• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets 2nd Qtr Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, I talk to owners and associates of owners on a somewhat-regular basis at my current job. Just passing on what's been told to me. Besides, an owner's experience isn't soley based on the pilots. Don't drown in the kool-aid, Fisch.

Bingo

NetJets will continue to run a lean, more trim operation for the foreseeable future. Every employee in the company is beginning to see the new sheriff expects the bee's to work harder and more productively than before. And that is not going to change... nor should it.

As for pilots, if it's a legal assignment... its legal. We make the call if it is safe or not, and take the consequences that go with that.

just my .02
Wolf

NetJets will continue to run a lean, more trim operation for the foreseeable future. Every employee in the company is beginning to see the new sheriff expects the bee's to work harder and more productively than before. And that is not going to change... nor should it.

As for pilots, if it's a legal assignment... its legal. We make the call if it is safe or not, and take the consequences that go with that.

just my .02
Wolf

Is flying a pilot home on a Citation X to avoid an after midnight considered running a lean operation? Don't forget about the ferry the x has to do to reposition for the next owner flight.

Save 2000 bucks but spend 5000 bucks or more? Comical.

Is flying a pilot home on a Citation X to avoid an after midnight considered running a lean operation?

Bwahaa.... Uh, No.

Hopefully the pilot changed clothes into some really cool jeans and shirt and called every person he knew in town and had them come out to the airport to see his new personal jet he just bought with the Mega-Millions jackpot he just won.

:pimp: Dats right!

NetJets continues to own more aircraft than is required for present operations and we expect to continue to dispose selected aircraft over time.

Do you guys really see recalls happening with statements like this? Not trying to be a jerk; just trying to look at things realistically. :erm:

Nobody seems to know, but how many a/c do they need to sell to rationalize the fleet? In an interview two months ago (see below), they said they didn't have any excess, other reports say it is 10% of the fleet, and still other reports say 200 a/c.

Until this is done and they positon themselves to acquire new a/c to new customers, how is it possible to increase employment in any area?
"Despite speculation that NetJets is holding a high number of non-flying airplanes, less than 5 percent of the overall fleet is available for sale, AIN was told, “which is in keeping with its historic amounts.” AIN Alerts May 13, 2010
Also, this toxic missile showed up on another blog yesterday-
Sat, 08/07/2010 - 10:15 — Anonymous (not verified)
2nd Qtr

Spoke to a good person in finance who is looking to leave NetJets. I've known this person for a while. They wouldn't go in to any detail but said - the 2nd Qtr numbers are legal but bogus. Unsustainable. They also said the finance and analysis group has lost all confidence in DS and their CFO because - they are digging a hole.

NetJets has been a family for decades. Loyalty is rare but not uncommon for those who have been around. Most remain loyal to NetJets but don't care for DS.

Fly safe!

http://aliceschroeder.com/blog/sympathy-sokol

No, I talk to owners and associates of owners on a somewhat-regular basis at my current job. Just passing on what's been told to me. Besides, an owner's experience isn't soley based on the pilots. Don't drown in the kool-aid, Fisch.

The survey results from the owners don't reflect this statement, but I'd hate to let facts get in your way... Please, lets hear more gloom and doom about how NetJets is going to close doors tomorrow.:nuts:

I don't. I still think recalls are a LONG ways off (years). I be happy to be wrong though.

Ditto. Still not drinking the Kool Aid. I think best case will be the dates they approximated in the furlough letters. Maybe a small number before that but nothing significant.

Latest resources

Back