Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nonsense

boxcar said:
StyGirl, are you saying you usually rub guys the right way?

My comment was referring to my social and interpersonal skills - what are you talking about?

Oh well,

how smart could you be to work for those wages anyways???.....

Good luck on the infamous EJA "CONTRACT"......you will need it!!!

"Oh well,

how smart could you be to work for those wages anyways???.....

Good luck on the infamous EJA "CONTRACT"......you will need it!!!"

Is that the best you could muster? Ha ha ha ha ha!

:cool:

FL450 said:
Naaaaaaaaaaaaa. Way off base. The Owners will just break their contracts and walk? Where are they going to flock to? Do you really believe NetJets is going to ask the Owners to "be patient, we have a little labor problem"? The Owners are going to buy that? I doubt it.

You miss the point entirely, or just don't understand that the owners care little for your labor problems, all they want is service as it was promised when they signed up for it. Where would they flock to? Wow, you really do take yourselves too seriously if you don't think that people with the buying power they have don't have other options, or can't create them. My guess is that your background is airline-oriented, not corporate.

If your internal problem with NetJets mngmt rises to THEIR level in the form of a strike that affects them, they will indeed begin look elsewhere long before their contract periods are up, and many won't renew them. Just an awareness by them that a pilot strike could leave them twisting in the wind (and as I said before, I doubt the majority of them even know the pilots are Teamsters) can have the same effect.

Why? because the very foundation of what they pay for is RELIABILITY. A pilot strike or threat to stike would cause that to evaporate, and word travels lightning-fast across corporate America. In fact and in reality, it would mean that you indeed had sunk to airline-reliablity status, but at a premium price. People who make large expenditure decisions within any corporation in effect put their neck on a chopping block. Do you think they will do that by signing on with you if your reliability (in terms of showing up for work) comes into question? You're not dealing with airline passengers who will put up with it, however.

But hey, if you really think that you have it all figured out, that you have your Mngmt over a barrel, and that the "owers" aren't a factor or will just gladly sit around twiddling their thumbs and siding with "labor" (yeah right)....then go for it. If corporate America sours on fractionals, good luck staying employed for the length of any new contract you do happen to get.

No, I don't miss the point. There isn't going to be any strike, and for the reasons that have been discussed. That is what some of you don't understand. Owners are not flocking away...........to the contrary. They also query crews repeatedly regarding our progress. They do, indeed, know what they're into.

By the way, I have never worked for an airline...............8+ years with NetJets.

The contract will get settled.

Life will go on.

:cool:

Man I go away and this thread really did explode.

GEXDriver- The owner was angry because NJA decided to error on the side of safety. There have been many times when the temperature or weight has not made it safe to go. We offer the owners many options. We can fedex their bags, wait for it to cool.

A fine example is in the ultra the temperatures in the manual are by 5. 0/5/10/15/20.

If the temperature is 11 degrees we go with the 15 degree numbers. Why? Because we are staying on the side of caution. Sure 10 degrees might work too but we aren't test pilots. We want to make sure we can make 2nd segment with no questions asked. I watch other airplanes takeoff when our numbers just don't work. Owners are upset everyone is leaving and they aren't. Then we explain why we aren't going and that safety is paramount and we wouldn't be leaving until it was safe.

We will still offer reliability and will continue to do so. The owners know what is going on. They ask questions about it all the time but we don't answer them. The contract will get settled over time but i will not settle for anything less than we deserve. And like FL450 said life will go on.

Man, I would not CNX a pax trip because the temp was 11, and the 15 numbers said I could not go.

I would interpolate like a madman before calling the PM and telling him "no".

I would not, however, use "creative" interpolation. If I put the numbers under the microscope and they still say "no" then it's a reduced fuel load and a fuel stop.

There are many alternatives available before the flight absolutely cannot be taken. It is my job out on the road to see which alternatives are best for us and the pax.

Toploader

G- It was just an example. I was just showing that we aren't creative in our interpritation of the numbers.

Gotcha, Diesel. Just didn't want to leave the impression that NJA crews go around just LOOKING for a reason to CNX a trip.

As you know, we do not do that, and we look for safe alternatives, instead of accepting unnessecary risks.

Toploader

Re: Re: Nonsense

FatesPawn said:
Gotta waive the BS flag here! GEXDriver, I agree with almost everything you said about pay for responsibility... When you brought "size" into the argument you fell off your soapbox. It is much easier to fly large transport category aircraft than it is to OPERATE small jets/turboprops/piston twins.

It is not easier to fly large complex aircraft than small aircraft. That is an absurd statement to make. Everything is more critical in a large jet. Ask the Sprint pilots who went off the end of the runway in their Global at Eagle last week if they think their Global is easier to fly than the smaller G-IV's they had been taking into Vail for years. If you could talk to the Pilots of Delta 191, I wonder what they would say. The Learjet that landed just seconds ahead of them at DFW had no problems because he didn't have to deal with the large jet problems of inertia, large fan spool times and available excess thrust.

The actual FLYING skills are irrevelant. A monkey can manipulate the controls.

In no case do I think flying skills are irrevelant. I think such a flippant attitude about your profession will only earn you an NTSB report.

The simple lack of automation on smaller gauge aircraft make the job 10x harder - not to mention tougher approaches to smaller uncontrolled airports with multiple legs per day.

I see you say you are a Learjet pilot, what automation does the Lear 45 lack?
How small an airport are you talking about? The Boeing 727 was designed to go into LaGuardia when it was only 5000 feet long. All approaches meet the same TERPS requirements. It may be just me, but I think I had a far easier time going from Boston to Carlsbad to Aspen and back to the Northeast than I did on my last international flight to Athens, Nairobi, Singapore, Tokyo, Anchorage and then home.

It looks like the Feds are going to make life more difficult with the the "95K Rule" - as it stands all my passengers will have to be checked by TSA personnel.

I do agree that pilots should be paid for responsibility, revenue generation, etc... But like my wife says, "Size just don't matter."

Your wife's been lying to you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back