• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJet is gonna EXPLODE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't believe you all are arguing over whether or not Netjets pilots are gonna strike. This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. No one knows what's gonna happen; not management, not the MEC and not the pilots. But hey, you guys that don't even work for Netjets, you've got all the answers don't you? <<sigh>>

BTW it's not always the strike itself, but the threat of strike that helps in negotiations...profound I know.

Just because there aren't many if any strikes that have occured in the corporate/frac realm doesn't mean it won't happen either. No kidding the owners won't stand for it, that's the point. It's not really that different than the airlines, a toad's a toad whether it take 300 to pay for the flight or 1. Repeat customers is what the airlines were concerned about losing during their strikes, not wildly different than what Netjets is gonna be contemplating over when it comes time for them to pay up.

And for the last time differential pay is not about paying some pilots more because they're better, rather it's about having the opportunity to get paid the most possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------
And for the last time differential pay is not about paying some pilots more because they're better, rather it's about having the opportunity to get paid the most possible.

Exactly! It has nothing to do with skill, etc. It is a pay structure that gives a class ranking. I'm surprised that in a company with a diverse fleet that pilots are willing to give up more pay now so they can have the thrill of getting a raise later.

That's like saving up all your money for 30 years so that you can pay your mortagage off with one check. Fun!

Take more pay now, less later. You'll end up wealthier that way.

Flying a nicer aircraft can be its own reward.

Pay by weight is all about tradition, and tradition is always defended fiercely, often with emotion instead of reason. So we got here the "First Church of Pay-by-Weight". Try talking anybody out of their religion, and let me know how it goes.

100LL... Again! said:

... [worthless sarcastic babble] ...

Take more pay now, less later. You'll end up wealthier that way.

I'll tell you what since Netjets already has a differential pay structure (an absurdly extreme one) if they want to pay us all the current BBJ rate then I'll consider it.

Pay by weight is all about tradition, and tradition is always defended fiercely, often with emotion instead of reason. So we got here the "First Church of Pay-by-Weight". Try talking anybody out of their religion, and let me know how it goes.
Funny that's what always comes to mind when an Ultra guy says we should be happy with topping out at 80 or 90 grand a year so he doesn't have to learn a new airplane rather than paying me 100 or more a year to fly the X. And that very same guy could come over to the X or better if he wanted to, I assure you.

100LL... Again! said:

I have to weigh in here. Traditional aviation compensation is based on experience, ability, responsibility and the value of the airplane you are flying. Big (modern) airplanes cost more than little ones and you are expected to earn the right to manage a more costly asset, take responsibility for more lives and manage a larger crew.

GV

GVFlyer said:
Big (modern) airplanes cost more than little ones and you are expected to earn the right to manage a more costly asset, take responsibility for more lives and manage a larger crew .
GV

Therein, is the paradox.
Our BBJs only have 18 seats. Should we pay them less than a BE1900 with 19 seats? Or 1/6th of an airline 737-700 pay? :confused:

A CRJ (50 seats) is comprabable in size to a GV (10-14?). Should GV drivers make less than the CRJ pilot? The CRJ pilot has more responsibility with a similar aircraft...using the "traditional" theory. Are 3 executives worth $3mil in a CX, more important than 4 middle managers worth 80K each in a GIV? :confused:

Way too many variables for this equation. This is giving me a headache.

Let's just pay by Mach number and call it a day! :D :D :D
Hey wait, that almost works.
.86-.92 (CX, Gulfstreams, 747) 250K+
.82-.85 (VII, G100?, 737) 150+
.79-.81 (BAe, etc) 100+
.75-.78 (LRJET) 80+
.68-.74 (CE500) 70+
.60-.67 (fast turbo props) 60+
<.60 (KA, CHEY, C425) 40+

Whatcha think? Give or take a mach/10K. :cool:

Pay by speed

Let's just pay by Mach number and call it a day!
Hey wait, that almost works.
.86-.92 (CX, Gulfstreams, 747) 250K+
.82-.85 (VII, G100?, 737) 150+
.79-.81 (BAe, etc) 100+
.75-.78 (LRJET) 80+
.68-.74 (CE500) 70+
.60-.67 (fast turbo props) 60+
<.60 (KA, CHEY, C425) 40+

Whatcha think? Give or take a mach/10K.

If that's the case, I'm going to re-consider that ANG fighter slot! :D

Yeah that sounds good...forgot the Falcon 2000.

Mach .862

Also faster than a X below FL250
...or the last hour headed into the New York area.:cool:

What about managing the "more costly asset" part of my post? Dad's letting you out of the garage with the Mercedes instead of the Geo.

BBJ - $50 Million

G550 - $47.1 Million

GEX - $44 Million

GV

GVFlyer said:

What about managing the "more costly asset" part of my post? Dad's letting you out of the garage with the Mercedes instead of the Geo.

BBJ - $50 Million

G550 - $47.1 Million

GEX - $44 Million

I think if you hit a brick wall at 70 mph, you're just as dead in a $5000 Geo as you are a $100,000 Mercedes.

GV Flyer.... Tradition has paid by weight and speed. Has nothing to do with experience, or responsibility. Not many pilots could afford to pay for replacing a lear much less a 747. Would you feel worse if you buried 340 people or just 8 or 10 on a small craft? If a 747 pilot is more responsible, is a 737 pilot less responsible? Irresponsible?? Back in the dark ages when the air carriers came up with the idea of pay to weight and speed, they created a monster. At UAL, the same formula is still in place as it was when this idea started. Even productivity has nothing to do with pay. Empty 747s are not as productive as an RJ flying full all day long, but pay lots more! Problem is that once a system is in place (pay by weight) (pay by longevity), that system is hard to change. I don't have a clue as to which is more fair. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back