Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Re: Strike? Think about it first.

GEXDriver said:
The CEO had such a bad experience with them being late or one time cancelling a departure from Las Vegas for being less than one degree too hot, that he sold the share as soon as the Global was delivered. The CP thinks the whole experience gave them job security. I'd be carefull out there.

GEXDriver

How is it possible to be "less than one degree too hot"? Wouldn't that be the "max temperature"? Anyway....

If this individual was upset for us[NetJets] following the rules then I'm glad he's gone - we don't need owners like that. I'm sure his Global will also be the one taking off out of Aspen when it's 300/2 in blowing snow while we are sipping hot coco in the terminal.

LR45JI

Couldn't have said it better! As you know, one of the many positive attributes of NJA is their backing of pilots on safety issues.

For GEXDriver: If one degree beyond limits is okay, how about two? Five? And to open up myself even more, I also think pay for weight is a stupid idea.

beytzim said:
However, since all company revenues go in one pot and disembursed to pilots irrelative to the aircraft type, pilot pay-by-weight is only academic and important to those pilots with egos' leading the way.

The point: Paying pilots by aircraft type/weight is only to satisfy pilots' own egos and insecurities. It is in the best interest of all aviation companies to pay by seniority, period. The Majors have proven over and over again how to run something into the ground. Paying-by-weight is one thing we should learn from them NOT to do.

Dude, that's garbage. If company A only flys Ultras and can only charge their pax/owners accordingly, while company B flys BBJs, GVs or SSBJs (take your pick) and can charge 10x what company A can. Do you think their pilots will/should get paid the same. That said it's not differential pay that's crippling the Airlines it's guys only flying 30 hours a month for pay that's based on twice that and other guys getting 747 pay for flying a 737 for loopholes in their contract.
It's not my ego that wants to make the most money I can for a career flying airplanes. But why should I be penalized so you can stroke something other than your ego? One of the things that makes America great is the opportunity to be anything you want and get paid accordingly, not be what ever you want and get paid the same regardless.

Nonsense

boxcar said:
LR45JI

Couldn't have said it better! As you know, one of the many positive attributes of NJA is their backing of pilots on safety issues.

For GEXDriver: If one degree beyond limits is okay, how about two? Five? And to open up myself even more, I also think pay for weight is a stupid idea.

It isn't pay for weight. It's pay for responsibility and the cost of the airplane you're flying. It's pay for commanding a larger crew. It's also pay for the additional revenue you're making the company. It's also pay for the skill and ability required to operate larger more complex aircraft. Small, straight wing, short range airplanes are easier to fly than large, swept wing intercontinental jets.

They do the same thing in ships. You have to have a Master's License and experience in coastal ships over 200 tons before they'll let you have a Master's License in oceanic ships over 1600 tons. To make it even easier to understand, in retail they paid you more to manage a big store than they do a little one.

Usually it's also pay for experience and judgement that you gained as you paid your dues in smaller aircraft. It just sounds to me like you guys want something you haven't earned and are doing it on the backs of your fellow pilots who are flying the bigger airplanes.

As far as the Netjets pilot not going because he thought it was too hot; this is the way the story was related to me. Because of altitude and temperature the tab data could not be used. The pilot had to go to the charts in the AFM. The temperature limitation he came up with was a certain degree and a fraction. The reported temperature was the next whole degree. So he took the CEO back to the FBO and the guy had to go commercial. Somewhere, common sense should enter into the decision whether to fly or not.

GEXDriver

Re: Nonsense

GEXDriver said:
[
Usually it's also pay for experience and judgement that you gained as you paid your dues in smaller aircraft. It just sounds to me like you guys want something you haven't earned and are doing it on the backs of your fellow pilots who are flying the bigger airplanes.
[/B]

Yeah, we little airplane drivers need to look up to you "heavy" drivers and pay our dues. Tell you what, I'll spot you 1000 hours and we'll compare swept wing jet PIC time over 250K gtow. Last time I checked, this was the minimum weight for a heavy. Low man doesn't say any more about "paying dues".

I have read a lot of talk about the Boeing Super Sonic jet being on target for 10 years or some thing like that. I thought I had heard that the program had been scrapped. So I went to the Boeing site, and sure enough, it has been.
It has been replaced with a new concept plane called the SONIC CRUISER. It will have cruise speeds 20% faster than todays airplanes, and cruise in the mid 40 flight levels.The initial prototype is being designed to carry between 200 and 250 pax. It is pretty cool looking, you should go to the Boeing web site and check it out. I heard about this on the news about 2 months ago or so.

Re: Re: Nonsense

boxcar said:
Yeah, we little airplane drivers need to look up to you "heavy" drivers and pay our dues. Tell you what, I'll spot you 1000 hours and we'll compare swept wing jet PIC time over 250K gtow. Last time I checked, this was the minimum weight for a heavy. Low man doesn't say any more about "paying dues".

Boxcar! Sounds like you're retaining water!

What GEXDriver says sounds right to me. I don't think I should get paid as much for flying my Cessna 172 as you do for flying your Ultra Jet. Sounds like you messed up your career, too. That's not his fault!

SkyGirl

Re: Nonsense

GEXDriver said:
Small, straight wing, short range airplanes are easier to fly than large, swept wing intercontinental jets.

GEXDriver

Gotta waive the BS flag here! GEXDriver, I agree with almost everything you said about pay for responsibility... When you brought "size" into the argument you fell off your soapbox. It is much easier to fly large transport category aircraft than it is to OPERATE small jets/turboprops/piston twins.

The actual FLYING skills are irrevelant. A monkey can manipulate the controls. The simple lack of automation on smaller gauge aircraft make the job 10x harder - not to mention tougher approaches to smaller uncontrolled airports with multiple legs per day.

I do agree that pilots should be paid for responsibility, revenue generation, etc... But like my wife says, "Size just don't matter."

Re: Re: Re: Nonsense

SkyGirl said:
Boxcar! Sounds like you're retaining water!

What GEXDriver says sounds right to me. I don't think I should get paid as much for flying my Cessna 172 as you do for flying your Ultra Jet. Sounds like you messed up your career, too. That's not his fault!

SkyGirl

Well you could be right, I might be retaining water. But I've never flown an Ultra, and my career's been above expectations so far. I do get a little irritated when people make assumptions. GEX is one example of that and you're another.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nonsense

boxcar said:
Well you could be right, I might be retaining water. But I've never flown an Ultra, and my career's been above expectations so far. I do get a little irritated when people make assumptions. GEX is one example of that and you're another.

Sorry, Boxboy. I usually don't rub guys the wrong way. OK big boy, what 250,000 pound jet are you flying for NetJets?

SkyGirl

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back