NetJet is gonna EXPLODE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
beytzim said:
To FalconDriver: You're usually on the ball. In fact, most of the time, you are right on. Not this time. You mentioned your pay in a previous post as being close to 200k. How dare you insult and condescend us in stating that a 25% increase should suffice!

Ok,

I looked back and "FalconDriver" didn't post anything in this thread so I assume this was directed at me....

First off I have NEVER said my pay was anywhere near $200k, because it isn't... I have also said I think you guys deserve much more than you are getting, BUT I wouldn't expect a lot in this economy and with the way the Pilot "Supply and Demand" curve is severely leaning against us.... I am trying to have a realistc view of what is being played out here...

If "FalconDriver" did in fact post something here and delete it before I saw it, then please disregard this post...

I only wish I made $200k... :rolleyes: Geez, even $150k would be fantastic... :(

Duh, gee whiz

Did not United have a union. How about TWA, Pan AM, the steel workers in the 90's. Please don't count on a union to solve your problems.

Do you have a value to the Company?

What is the fair market value of your services?

Do you like your job?

If your employer will not pay the fair market value, are you willing to change employers/careers?

I do not think that 40 some grand is the market value for a Citation X caption. I pay Hawker co-pilots alot more. If you like to fly, consider looking for another employer. If you think it is a pain, consider change careers.

Fly safe.

gunfyter,

I hope you get a good raise, you guys work too hard for that crappy pay.....

but...you seem very very unhappy....did you not look at the payscales when you took the job offer??? Why did you go to work there?

Many of us find it pretty funny when we hear all the Netjets guys banking on the "coming contract" year after year.......

Again, I hope for our industrys sake you guys get a raise, its embarrasing for all of us - but the notion that everyones is gonna walk out if the 100% pay raise isnt there is downright laughable......nobody gonna walk anywhere except to the unemployment office. Pilots always think they are irreplaceable, thats a joke.

Best of Luck

A little off the NJA topic

Gulfstream 200 said:
Oh, and coming in to wash planes, help with mx, etc.....is NOT normal "corporate" job responsilbilites. Thats rat-$hit charter job responsibilities. Huge difference. Good corporate departments have people who dispatch, file Intl' flight plans, trip plan, do hotels, catering, transportation, etc.....

G200, Normally I'll tend to agree with your posts, but this above paragraph I'll take exception to.

I work five days a week, flying or not. That includes helping with MX, washing planes, cleaning hangar/office. It's called doing what needs to be done. While I would enjoy a job where I fly and go home awaiting my next trip, honestly, I don't mind going into work daily. The only time it becomes frustrating is when the work is done and we're just killing time.

I don't have a problem filing my flight plans. I actually enjoy international planning. I make my own hotel reservations. I take care of my passengers transportation needs.

Because my department doesn't have "dispatch" doesn't mean we're not a good corporate department. The three senior guys have a combined 63 years with this company! Add in the two junior guys and this number goes to 74 years. The most junior has been here going on five years. The company has operated airplanes for nearly 50 years. I'd bet we have better job security than many traditional flight departments out there. You don't have to work for a Fortune 500 company to have a great job, fly great equipment and have a great quality of life.

Regards,
2000Flyer

2000flyer

I do apologize, what I said does not apply to all I know. - Just to many....I have enojoyed the benefits of very small operations also...

but sorry I aint washing planes...I will make the call to the cleaners, etc...but no scrubbing the 20mil dollar jet.

I will have the FBO vacuum it and tip 20$ (and expense it) But I aint scrubbing the carpet on the 20mil dollar jet...

really, I dont have a bad attitude, just dont think pilots should have to do that $hit.....on a twin cessna or something, yeah sure.....but on a DA2000??? I think they can afford a cleaning service....if not....sit in filth!

Just an opinion and no more!

I truly hope you guys are the exception to the golden rule of "Get your salary coming in the door or never get it"....
like I said, I really feel you deserve it, your job seems like hard work!!!!
We are all hoping the best for you, dont give up!!!!
Best of Luck.

NJDispatcher you really don't want to get into that type of argument. Our payscales our public knowledge I don't think yours are. I would be interested in what you make but it's best not to start this type of argument.

Economic issues haven't even been discussed yet. Work rules etc. are still being covered.

EJA Pay

I guess I don't understand how your pay is derived. In most of aviation a pilot is compensated in direct relationship to the size of the airplane he commands. For instance, it stands to reason that I should be paid more for managing a 47.2 million dollar asset for my company than I would be for managing a six million dollar jet.

But that is not how you guys work, your pay is calculated strickly on seniority. To me $106,284 (Flex) or $95,784 (17 day) is over compensation for an Ultra driver and dramatic undercompensation for a 2000 captain. What is the reason or rationale behind this pay system?

I agree with Falcon Captain that this may be a difficult time to negotiate a significant pay raise. The HR departments of many companies with flight departments are currently scrutinizing pilot compensation in light of current industry conditions.

Good luck!

GV

Several factors at NJA make transitioning from a pay by seniority to pay by weight a difficult task. It could be done, but would have to take place over an extended period of time. When one is hired by NJA, he/she is assigned to an aircraft based on needs of the company. Some lucky few do have inside tracts for a Falcon seat. A f/o assigned to the Ultra or perhaps the Excel, will probably have an opportunity to upgrade rather quickly. Not so for a Falcon f/o. I believe the seniority to get a Falcon capt bid is in the range of 4 years, give or take a month or 2. A f/o at NJA does start receiving capt pay when someone junior to them upgrades and begins receiving that pay. In order for a pay by weight system to work, an entirely new system of bidding and a completely new pay structure for f/o's would have to be implemented. Possible? yes. Probable? ????. Until then, a Falcon Capt will most likely be underpaid whereas an Ultra Capt might benefit from pay by seniority.

Gulfstream 200 said:
YEAH.
Sure you guys are going to "walk"
where you walking to?...
all in a row to the unemplyment line? and dont think Warren does not know this..

125% raises....
I wish for you that was true, again you will be lucky to see 25%....LUCKY...
rememeber, this is a business....even at your low pay right now, how many of you are leaving??? How many are begging to take your job??? (none,lots)

Think you're going to get 125%???

I wouldn't go finance the 2nd home or the S600 Benz just yet....

This topic has degenerated into the dumb arguing with the ignorant. That alone doesn't shock me, but the anger that seems to be behind it all does. I love how Netjets keeps on being compared to the airlines, but only in negative ways, ie.
Netjets pilots work as hard as Airline pilots
Netjets pilots won't get paid what Airline pilots get paid, because look at all the problems facing the Airlines

How about these comparisons; the Airlines have NEVER (do I have to say it again?) the Airlines have never had a shortage of pilot applicants that would gladly give their left possibly both testicles to work for them, but they many times over negotiated industry leading wages...ponder that, then add to that nugget of info that not all the big iron drivers' days are numbered. Yes UAL is in a pickle and their unions had a lot to do with that, but they are one of many.

I can't believe I risked carpal tunnel addressing these dim witted arguements. Have any of you idiots that think Netjets pilots will be lucky to see 25% raises ever worked for a company with union representation or are you all just one hit wonders?

Latest resources

Back