• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjet billboard @ TEB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[QUOTEWe aren't talking Salary - we are talking company profits. You have no idea where the company stands financially (either do I other than what I stated earlier) because for some reason your union won't allow a third-party to analyze it. Are you afriad of what you might find out? If it would only better your case - than your union would have jumped all over it. Last I heard NetJets still has that offer on the table.][/QUOTE]

The problem with this NJA dispatch idiot is he/she is relying solely on the information published by NJA in response to "the All Hands Meeting". The union put out some information for the benefit on NJA employees to explain to them the circumstances and conditions we work under and also to explain to them our actions.
The company, about a few weeks later, puts out a response(for non-pilots only) countering incorrectly all the data we provided. Although ours was public theirs was not. We have nothing to hide but the company is implementing a smear campaign against the pilots. Thats fine. Only someone as stupid as an NJA dispatcher would take a side without educating themselves on the whole situation.
Since you can believe any internal publication by NetJets and industry today has proven you can believe everything a CEO tells you we will leave NJA dispatcher in his/her fairy land where they do a great job of scheduling and the pilots are just money hungry and want the company shut down. Dispatcher idiot, call a pilot or a member of the union and educate yourself.

No one .........respects........... no one. It starts at the top and works it's way all the way down to the bottom!

I've got to disagree on that one, until someone tells me 'I'm a money grubber that wants to take food out of their families mouth,' I can be very civil. The crew inside Bridgeway do a pretty good job at supporting us on the road. But when someone flying a desk, with all of the dangers of paper cuts or carpal tunnel syndrome, wants to know if I need the money to upgrade my 1992 F150, I get just a little pissed.
If they want to drink the kool aid, great, just don't piss on me and tell me it's raining.

Last edited:
I have to question this claim that we lose money on selloffs.

We charge $8400/hr for the Citation X.

A 5.5 hour trip in the Citation X from say HTO to VNY we charge $46,000. We are asked to believe that we pay $3 for every $1 we collect on a Selloff.

You mean we pay $138K to fly somebody from HTO to VNY on a selloff?

As far as I know the Charter rate for a X is something like $4600/hr.

Last edited:
Yo! Dispatcher I have been here a looong time way before we even had dispatchers at eja/nja. Maybe you should thank me for your job. It was the pilots who fought to get a dispatch department set up at eja/nja. You wouldn't be here with out us. However you do not need to be here for us. We filed our flight plans before we can do it again.

Now get back to reading the Berkshire Hathaway financial reports that you have negelcted to read and you will see that we have made huge profits. Maybe then you will fight to get the pay that you deserve.

NJA Capt said:
Sorry, we see this personally every day. Hot stby while vendors depart with our pax.

i've seen many cases where crew members will DNIF on their first day out after they update their pagers before their 3am show. we've sold off a LOT of flights because of that. if you've known about your show for 4 days (or more with the 7/7 schedule), then you should know to prepare yourself. don't always expect to rot in the FBO...

crew rot is more common if you're on the 7/7 schedule. everyone goes home and comes back on the same days. we're doing the best we can with what we've got...

Originally Posted by dsptchrNJA
I can trust the company to keep their end of the deal - they have a proven track record. They have never threatened my job - I can't say the same for pilots anymore. There is no telling how far you will go to get your demands... that is the real threat to this company.

Your not only biting THE hand that feeds you - your biting all the hands that feed you. For what? So you can upgrade your Explorer for Navigator? In everyone of your examples it's interesting you always use STARTING pay. Wonder why. Is it you've been here long enough to realized when you put your time in the rewards will eventually come? Isn't that how our parents did it? Not until our generation did anyone expect to live like their parents curent level during our first 10 years of career. We are the "got to have it NOW!" generation - "or else I'll make you give it to me". Nice - let's teach our kids that and see where it gets them.

Again - fair pay is good. Good pay is better. Threatening the existence of the company you work for - is bad. Don't play the victim - it's not working. You work for a company that has unique challenges and don't forget - they are STILL new at this - we're still learning to walk. You expected what? Southwest? Delta? COTA? Don't bother getting a job there - you will still be miserable.

That was probably the most disgusting post on this message board. You want to make your life better. Spend about 20k learn to be a pilot, then instruct till you nose bleeds, then fly some craphole freight company and risk your life every night, move on to NJA where we spend half our life away from home. I'm home for two days just enought time to get my expense report done some laundry and get right back on the road. Oh my wife. Yeah she's on the road too. Looks like we won't see each other this week. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Just another day on the road eating a cold meal that was hot a couple of hours ago trying to eat it during a leg that i've got 4 more.

Enjoy your night at home with your family and in your bed. Douche

Bohica.....

"Management's plan is to turn coworkers against us. Don't help them." -El Chupa.

Couldnt agree with you more...... this thread is a direct result of the old classic whipsawing of employee groups I've seen at other "Flying Establishments".

Our best weapon, and this goes to you, Mr. Dispatcher, is to be educated on both sides of the story. Now cut the crap and get back to work!!

Oh, yeah, I just got the message, Dispatches computer system went down again..... oopsy.

semperfido said:
as long as there are people lined up at the employment door willing to take that job management probably has a hard time seeing the need to pay more.

Fido,
To bad this is not the case.

dsptchrNJA,

Are you sure you were not one of the former MEC? Because you are preaching the same crap they did to the Membership during the road shows.

The more I read your guys posts the more you show how little you know about the company and does nothing to make me want to take up your cause. All company information (propaganda) aside I can see with my own experiences and understanding alone that you guys aren't even close to knowing how this company makes business decisions. You taking sell-offs personally as if it was an afront to the pilot force is a joke. Anytime a conversation like this turns personal I know you've run out of inteligent things to say. I won't join you.

I was here long before dispatch started too, and I won't even reply to half the other crap because it's not worth it. Stick to your conspiracy theories as long as you want. Trash the company as long as it makes you feel good. Go ahead show your true character while enjoying your anonymity. I know too many good people, pilots included, at this company to let you ruin their name - but your doing a good job for everyone else who reads your threads. If my opinions are harsh than maybe I'm speaking up for those who are really scared that you are going to unneccesarily ruin their livlihood. I'm responding to the "who cares about anyone else - what have we got to lose" mentality demonstrated earlier in this post by people who could give a rip about this company.

LR45JI was right. We've at least got to respect each other because at the end of the day we are on the same team. I have removed my comment about the " vehicle upgrade" with due respect to those who have more appropriate motives.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back