Netjet billboard @ TEB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grizz said:
Kinda hard to follow the rest of your post when it starts out so incorrectly. NetJets is a cash cow. They can pay us a living wage and still rake in obscene amounts of money.

Sorry, I wasn't clear with that post. I meant when you strike, he won't be making money, and might be motivated to rid himself of all this trouble. I probably would, if I were him. He is a lot smarter than me, though, even if he did want Arnold to raise taxes. :)

Ok G4, my response is just as pithy. Mr. Buffett knows that he's got this huge cash cow and finally we're in a position to force a work action. He then decides 1) To pay us more and keep his cash cow or 2) Let us strike, stop the cash flow, piss off the customers, etc. and then sell the business. Yeah, I can see why you think option 2 is the smarter business decision. ;)

Grizz said:
Ok G4, my response is just as pithy. Mr. Buffett knows that he's got this huge cash cow and finally we're in a position to force a work action. He then decides 1) To pay us more and keep his cash cow or 2) Let us strike, stop the cash flow, piss off the customers, etc. and then sell the business. Yeah, I can see why you think option 2 is the smarter business decision. ;)

Grizz-

How do you know its a cash cow? Granted they cant say they are making money hand over fist - the customer would get upset. How do you (or the union) get the knowledge on how much is made? Did you get a 3rd party to audit the books?

No flame intended here Grizz - just wondering where the numbers come from.

I-R,

The money trail is easy to follow if you just look hard enough. Read some of the posts about the relationship between NetJets and Flight Safety and what we pay for sims is a good place to start.

You might want to check the price of oil in White Plains too. Coco Chanel would be proud of what they get for a quart of Pennzoil there. We generally order two if able. Another $150 bucks slides from NJA to EJM. Nice.

Last edited:
Along with the pricey oil, the NJA pilots also pay a $300 ramp fee at HPN which belongs to NetJets Inc. Don't forget that NJA also subsidizes the expansion of other NJs around the world. NJE is a good example. The profits of NJA are shuffled off to NJ Inc, whose books they refused to open--no surprise there--while holding out the NJA books. Think of the classic shell game and you'll be on your way to understanding the situation. NJ Inc gives 7% of their profits right off the top to Berkshire-Hathaway.

Additionally, the pilots see a blatant waste of resources, while on the road, on a regular basis. While dodging piles of manure, you don't actually have to see the (cash) cow to know it exists!

I agree

-but then you or the next person really doesnt know the real amounts. Its all just a guess based off what you see?

You are betting that the company can afford XXX dollars based off pricey oil or ramp fees?

My hope is that this ends with something both the union and company can live with. Lets hope

I-R-DXR -

I don't know all the details because I'm not priivy to them but I'll point out the problem I've always had with NetJets and BH crying poor during negotiations -

If NetJets were really a problem child and causing them the problems they claim - why hang on to it? WB isn't stupid. He must be making a buck or two regardless of the numbers he reports backto us.

I-R-DXR said:
I agree

-but then you or the next person really doesnt know the real amounts. Its all just a guess based off what you see?

You are betting that the company can afford XXX dollars based off pricey oil or ramp fees?

My hope is that this ends with something both the union and company can live with. Lets hope
great post. Netjets didn't get where they are by being stupid.There is a salary they can pay and make a profit and a salary they can pay and lose money. They will not lose money you will lose your job.

Jolimon said:
great post. Netjets didn't get where they are by being stupid.There is a salary they can pay and make a profit and a salary they can pay and lose money. They will not lose money you will lose your job.

The proposed Captains payscale ( to fly Citation X, Falcon 2000 etc.) which we just turned down is exactly the same as what the Columbus Ohio Transportation Authority (COTA) pays Busdrivers. The busdrivers are UAW... did not believe me until I showed them. ie. 5th yr Citation X PIC pay = COTA 5th yr Busdriver pay... ZERO OVERNIGHTS PER YEAR!

OOPS I mean we would have matched Busdriver pay if we had accepted the raise the company offered. As it stands the busdriver makes 9K more than I do!

COTA is Hiring!

Bus OperatorOperationsHS Dip. or GED. Have a Steady work history. No history of moving violations.Responsible for operating a Motor Coach in a safe, on-time manne

COTA is getting LIGHT RAIL. Pay for Light Rail is expected to be even higher!

http://www.cotafasttrax.com/

If I lose my job, I know where I can get a raise! ALL ABOARD!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back