• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I-R-DXR said:
Or what about my standard answer:

"Have you checked the fax machine for paper sir"

yeah, sometimes CS will send brief sheets and dispatch will send the release at the same time and it'll screw up the fax machine.

CS can tell you if the dispatch release is there. a lot of times, the release is there waiting or on its way (unless it's an hour or two before the flight). this accounts for about 50% or more of all of the calls to dispatch (just an estimate)

We kill many trees

:rolleyes:

x402 said:
The company has already promised that there will be NO lay offs if there is strike. Having trouble believing that statement? I wonder why?

I can trust the company to keep their end of the deal - they have a proven track record. They have never threatened my job - I can't say the same for pilots anymore. There is no telling how far you will go to get your demands... that is the real threat to this company.

Your not only biting THE hand that feeds you - your biting all the hands that feed you. In everyone of your examples it's interesting you always use STARTING pay. Wonder why. Is it you've been here long enough to realized when you put your time in the rewards will eventually come? Isn't that how our parents did it? Not until our generation did anyone expect to live like their parents curent level during our first 10 years of career. We are the "got to have it NOW!" generation - "or else I'll make you give it to me". Nice - let's teach our kids that and see where it gets them.

Again - fair pay is good. Good pay is better. Threatening the existence of the company you work for - is bad. Don't play the victim - it's not working. You work for a company that has unique challenges and don't forget - they are STILL new at this - we're still learning to walk. You expected what? Southwest? Delta? COTA? Don't bother getting a job there - you will still be miserable.

Last edited:
x402 said:
It's amazing the FBO's don't surcharge us for all the paper we use.

Oh, I dunno. I think the $400+ "ramp" fee @ Signature - MIA (just to name one) pretty much covers 10 or 20 sheets of paper.

El Chupacabra said:
There are JetCard companies that charge LESS THAN WE DO that are basically charter brokers. They make a profit. .

I can't speak for anyone else...

Let me spell it out:

Sell-off's are bad and used only to fulfill the company's contractual obligation to the owner. This is just common sense. Available crews never sit idly by while NetJets flights get sold off. Owners don't like it. Company loses money every time and there is no incentive for them ever to do it, monetarily speaking.

NJA Capt said:

Wonder what was wrong with the NBAA and fractional industry salary info they already had?

We aren't talking Salary - we are talking company profits. You have no idea where the company stands financially (either do I other than what I stated earlier) because for some reason your union won't allow a third-party to analyze it. Are you afriad of what you might find out? If it would only better your case - than your union would have jumped all over it. Last I heard NetJets still has that offer on the table.

Let me spell it out:

Sell-off's are bad and used only to fulfill the company's contractual obligation to the owner. This is just common sense. Available crews never sit idly by while NetJets flights get sold off. Owners don't like it. Company loses money every time and there is no incentive for them ever to do it, monetarily speaking.

You can get a charter any day of the week for less than Marquis cardholders pay per hour. So to say the company has NO incentive to sell off is not true. Owners don't like vendors, they like the guys with the silly ties, that's the problem.

It was reported in Aviation International News that Netjets made 191 MILLION dollars last year. That was 80 MILLION more than the previous year. Check the the Berkshire Hathaway reports we made a boat load of money. Why DispatcherNJA decides to believe Boisture and not the actual reports filed by Berkshire Hathaway to their shareholders is a mystery.Maybe the dispatcher should get off the internet and get my flight plan filed to a closed airport with minimum fuel through level five and six thunderstorms with an alternate that has notams with nav aids decommissioned. That is a pretty typical of a release.

When you get done with that then go back on the internet at your desk and read the Berkshire Hathaway financial reports. Educate yourself about how much money this place is really making and stop believing the lies being told to you why you can't get a raise.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back