Net Jets Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Opscheck,

Not sure if I can answer the question but I will try.

Overnites average 12 hours but that helps the week pass.

No friends or family on the road but with the 7/7 you can plane your time off together. Also two weeks of vacation is two 21 day blocks off (5 yrs 3, 10 yrs 4).

There are some new scheduling options that are coming with the new IBB (Interest Base Barganing) proposal. This will give you a choice other than 7/7.

With the hotel points you get free rooms and rental cars. The remaing cost is usally airfare and food.

I don't work the point rewards system like some but if you put your mind to it I venture your travel benefits will not be missed.

We do not and I don't see the company allowing us to jump seat but never say never I guess.

Also remeber you may start in the Ultra.

Hope this helps.

Infoman.

P.S.The nice thing about the interview is that the company will pay for airline, hotel, and ground. Cheap way to look the place over.

I'm not comparing companies. I understand the hands down winner there. In 5 years I'll upgrade and make 100 there. In 5 years I'll have 14 in and be making that here. NJ's money goes up quite substantially after that though. It's the other factors that I'm interested in. Do you guys miss long overnights by the pool with good crews? Does 7days on get to be normal and tolerable, because 4 seems like to long right now. The lack of friends and family being able to travel with your passes. It's these things I'm wondering if it's worth giving up. The money is black and white. It's better over there, but I'm not in the poor house now. Is there more to it than money?

Here is a better question...job security. What airline makes money in a bad economy? What regional airline is NOTdisposable by the major affiliate?

You are right about the typical short overnights, but I have had 24 hr Maui layovers (with a crew car), I have had 18 hrs in MIA (again, with a crew car). But there are plenty of 10 hour overnights as well. Remember, you are at work, not on vacation.

If you like flying into the same 20 or 30 airports that your airline serves, stay put. If you like going all over the place, NJs is great.

OCG, my husband was furloughed from AA so he can compare the different styles of flying. He prefers frac flying because of the greater interaction w/pax, the variety in places you go, more challenges making all the variables and changes come together. Additionally, many times you are paired with the same pilot for a whole tour which gives you the chance to get to know your fellow pilots better.

As a family we adjusted fairly easily to the 7&7 schedule. Having a week off gives us the opportunity to take mini-vacations when the kids are out of school. And he can get involved in projects that require a block of time off. For him, not having to commute was a big QOL factor. It was easier/less stressful for my husband and gave us more family time together. Hopefully the IBB proposal will pass and many other NJ pilots will also see their QOL improve with a huge jump in the number of bases to choose from. Going from 5 to 100 will create lots of interest so I don't think you'll be alone if you apply. I agree w/others who suggest that is something to think about.
Good luck in your decision!
NJW

I have had 24 hr Maui layovers (with a crew car), I have had 18 hrs in MIA (again, with a crew car).

I was actually curious about how you got between whichever FBO you finish at and the hotel. Do you normally get cars or do you normally depend on the hotel shuttle?

Something to consider

NJA

7 on/7 off = 26 work weeks a year minus 2 weeks vacation = 24 work weeks X ~ $260 per diem a work week = $6240 in total per diem.

NJA provides crew meals. While looking at salaries figure banking a majority of per diem. I figure 80%.

MInd you though, only 50% will be on the 7&7. 40% will be on the 18 day Reserve and 10% will be on the 15 Flex.

I believe the 15 day will be the senior schedule
The 18 will be the force schedule
The 7&7 will be prized by most. Yet only half will attain.

I was actually curious about how you got between whichever FBO you finish at and the hotel. Do you normally get cars or do you normally depend on the hotel shuttle?

Hotel van, FBO van, cab, sedan, crew car, rental car, whatever it takes. Your biggest responsibility is to make sure it is safe for you and your crew. The company reimburses you for the expense.

Latest resources

Back