• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MInd you though, only 50% will be on the 7&7. 40% will be on the 18 day Reserve and 10% will be on the 15 Flex.

I'm sure with all of the NJA posts lately I could find this buried somewhere.....but I guess I'll be lazy and ask if you could explain the differences in these schedules. Is the 7&7 basically a hard line? What is the flex? And last I'm assuming reserve is like any other airline yet would like to clarify. If I were in a gateway city (MSP), would I basically sit here until summoned ......then get airlined out?! And on this note, how much should I expect to be used? I realize this would change probably during different parts of the year.....yet on average how many hours.

Thanks for any info!

I'm sure with all of the NJA posts lately I could find this buried somewhere.....but I guess I'll be lazy and ask if you could explain the differences in these schedules. Is the 7&7 basically a hard line? What is the flex? And last I'm assuming reserve is like any other airline yet would like to clarify. If I were in a gateway city (MSP), would I basically sit here until summoned ......then get airlined out?! And on this note, how much should I expect to be used? I realize this would change probably during different parts of the year.....yet on average how many hours.

jesus man use the search button

MInd you though, only 50% will be on the 7&7. 40% will be on the 18 day Reserve and 10% will be on the 15 Flex.

I believe the 15 day will be the senior schedule
The 18 will be the force schedule
The 7&7 will be prized by most. Yet only half will attain.

Time to do more reading. Seriously. Your numbers are off.

I agree.

That's impossible, since the 18-day can't be forced on anyone except ones holding supplemental duty positions (like check airman, IOE, etc.) No normal line pilots will be forced onto the 18-day except for major training events, and in those cases it's temporary.

The 18 day schedule is volunteer only, no one can be junior assigned. The 15 day flex must have 10% of the pilots on it so JA's could happen but it will probably go pretty senior.

Reserve at NJA is not anything like the airlines. It's really more of a "flex" schedule where you don't know what days you'll be working until 6pm Eastern time the night before. You may get a brief for standby duty at home or at the hotel. In that case you must be ready to walk out the door in 30 minutes. If you have a full crew and a good jet you may spend a lot of time on "Hot Spare" at the FBO. You just sit around and read/watch tv/scratch your ass or whatever until briefed to go somewhere or shut down and sent to the hotel. During the slow months you may spend a lot of time on hot spare. I've had a 7 day tour where I never even turned a wheel. 5 days hotel standby waiting for a good jet and hot spare for 1.5 days. On hot spare crew meals are catered in to you but on home/hotel standby you're on your own dime to eat.

I should point out only the 15 day flex will have any uncertainly about what day's you're working. The new 18 day schedule is fixed, you will know your work days by the 15th of the prior month. And of course the 7/7 schedule is fixed. You'll know your workdays for up to a year in advance.

AirBear

This is incorrect. They can only junior man 10 % to the 15 day schedule and none to the 18. The 7 and 7 will be available to 90% who want it.

Will the 15 day be limited to only 10% of the pilots or is that a # that could vary?

10%, no more and no less. If one out of five pilots in a fleet/seat decide to give it a try, it won't even get to the bottom 1/2 of the seniority list on that fleet/seat. Conversely, if one out of every 20 pilots in the fleet/seat decide to bid it, then the bottom 5% of that group will be junior assigned to the schedule.

Will the 15 day be limited to only 10% of the pilots or is that a # that could vary?

Limited to 10%, period. Both the min and the max.

Now the 18 day can go from 0% up to 40%. It may be less than 40% if, for example 25% of the PIC's in a given fleet bid it but 35% of SIC's do. The company may reduce the SIC awards to 25% so as not to have a mismatch. I'm not 100% certain on that so don't quote me but I think that's right.

AirBear

Sounds good. The union reps are coming in to talk to our new hire class tomorrow and talk about the IBB so hopefully some of it will be clarified then.

Latest resources

Back