• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Familyguy,

Uhhhhh, cause it wasnt fair.....
You are a complete and total tool.

BTW, better take a course in statistics or Math 101, before you make more of a fool of yourself adding inflation rates.

Diesel said:
FacFriend wants to show us how strong they are and drive the pilots out of the buisness. Sorry it's netjets aviation. Without the pilots it's just poor customer service and crappy scheduling.

Gooose pull the handle!

Diesel,
I am not showing strength here. I am just agreeing with you. I dont think it can work- you guys know. Its all management's fault. mismanagement. wasteful spending. ok...

Pilots win...

unemployment.

FamilyGuy said:
Why are you including inflation for the period covered by the last contract (99-01) and then including inflation for the 4 years for the new contract?

Wasnt COLA figured into the previous contract for the time period covered under the contract - 98-01?

And as I posted in another thread, COLA for the 4 years from 01-04 totaled only 8.8%.
Actually, Cost-of-Living is NOT included in the current CBA. If it were, there would be the payscale we have now (YOS = Year of Signing), and several others that are for YOS+1, YOS+2, YOS+3, which would include a Cost of Living increase. This is the way it's done at airlines, and I was floored when I got here and saw we didn't have it. Stupid in my opinion. So a pilot (any seat, any year of service) in 1998 had SIGNIFICANTLY more buying power than a pilot today with the same seat/year.

So for example, a 5th year captain in 1998 made $60984. A 5th year captain in 2001 still made $60984. A 5th year captain in 2005 makes $60984. If the 1998 pilot bought something for $1000, for the 2001 pilot to buy the same item should have cost $1088. For the 2005 pilot to buy that item, it should cost $1157 or more, since there is no data on the actual 2005 COLA. So no, there has been no COLA on our rates, and yes, ALL the time covered by the CBA is affected by Cost of Living increases.

El Chupacabra said:
We heard this same song at United in 1989

And the Union Leader Let the employees on striles that drove away the business traveler, and convinced everyone thatthe employees could run the company. Because as everyone knows, pilots know how to do everything. And so now United is bankrupt but the pilots are proud. Amazing. Chupacabra, would you like to see NetJets go bankrupt?

There are always some people who build and some people tear down. Let's gert er done and get on with building.

that is not what happened. There were no furloughs. The threatened cancellation of aircraft orders did not occur... infact even more were ordered and RECORD profits followed.

Last edited:
CMHTroll said:
NJA’s employee relations situation is the creation of your MEC. Management has put an offer on that table last year and it was sabotaged by Strong Union who became your MEC. Every organization has waste and everyone works on keeping waste under control. That includes giving pilots good crew food but denying elk steaks with béarnaise sauce and caviar. Yes, ordered as crew food.

As for Herb Keller, I am sure that his opinion would be; “ Do not to let a group of people inside or outside try and hold the company hostage. Not bankers not employees, no one.” Management has always bargained in good faith, and worked hard to maintain the service levels of the business, while the pilots at the request of the Union have caused slowdowns and excessive mechanicals. It is the Union’s position to maintain solidarity and punish the Owners and the company for your demands.

The Company would like all troops, front line, and support to make a good wage, one that keeps them competitive in the marketplace. But as the pilots have demonstrated that is not their goal. As has been stated on this board, NetJets may cancel future NJA aircraft orders and furlough pilots. Those remaining pilots can be paid more because each little piece of their pie will be a little larger. But employees do not want to see the company shrink, but we will. There will be no furloughs for NJS employees as we will still handle increased demand through other means than NJA pilots. So the only group you are hurting is yourself.

I am sure that Herb is shaking is head, wondering why the pilots are trying to ruin another company. As for market share, NetJets still has 70% market share and no one has taken a single point of share from NetJets.

Oh, by the way. We loved watching you walk in front of the headquarters. It was well done and well organized. And the press you got was fantastic. I think you should exercise more often. From the looks of those walking, it did not appear that anyone was starving and could use the exercise. Maybe a few less elk steaks could help that.

First off, $60K for a Citation X Captian is not a competitive wage. $32K for a F2000 or a G200 FO is not competitive. That is why many of your "highly trained and safe" pilots the owners appreciate so much are leaving. Why are NJI FOs making so much more than F2000 or G200 FOs when they frequently fly many of the same routes or substitute for each other?

Another question: why is it that pilots at NJE can fly anything from the Bravo to the GV and yet the same can't be said for NJA? Why should Europe be held to a different standard?

With regard to Herb Kelleher, he has approved numerous raises for his pilot group very recently - in fact, they are now the highest paid 737 pilots in the world. Herb understands that he needs to keep his pilots happy because their morale can directly impact service levels. And he also doesn't want his highly trained and "safe" pilots leaving for opportunitites at other carriers. Santulli obviously couldn't care less whether his Citation X pilots leave for Jet Blue or AirTran. There is a huge difference and the fact that there has been ZERO progress on the contract talks indicates that there is very little respect for the pilot group... When there is a contract dispute at SWA, they move quickly to resolve it so that they can continue business as normal and not adversely impact the passengers. That certainly ain't the case at NJA and the owners are now leaving in droves... Good job!

$61,000 for a 5th year CA. Pathethic! You can make more and some regionals and the type of flying you do is a helluva lot more challenging.
My heart goes out to you guys.

You should really just let the CMHTroll continue to spew diahrea from his piehole. His ignorance is flowing by the gallon. Very amusing and definitely entertaining.

Latest resources

Back