Net Jets Offers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

abenaki

While I am loathe to participate on this board and involve myself in the bickering and nastiness that is so prevalent here, it seems important to clarify where one or two issues are in negotiations so that perhaps some light can be shed on what's going on.

PAY: As of the latest briefing, the company's proposal on pay amounts to $62,500 for a 5th-year captain. This is LESS than what was offered in the failed TA one year ago of $69,000.

The current pay for a 5-year captain is about $61,000 and that was negotiated in 1998.

Factoring in a modest 3% inflation factor for the years '99-'05 totaling 21% as a LOW end, that $61,000 should now be $73,810. Add another 4 years to the "contract" ('06-'09) at the same 3% per year, and that $61,000 should be $81,130.00

Not only has the comany REGRESSED in it's salary offer of a year ago, it has failed to even offer a salary that keeps pace with inflation ALL THE WHILE RAISING THE OWNER MANAGEMENT FEES AT A RATE OF 3.75% A YEAR TO "COVER THE PILOTS' SALARY INCREASES".

It has also failed to offer and increase that places NJA pilots at anywhere's NEAR industry standard for the equipment flown. Their current offer is at the 10th percentile of NBAA compensation.

They are asking the pilots to accept what amounts to a salary DECREASE from the '98 contract.

Now, I know that many of you are company supporters and blame us evil and greedy pilots for all the problems at this place right now, but please, how can you honestly say to us that this type of offer is fair and reflects bargaining in good faith?

Would YOU be happy working for 1998 wages with NO adjustments for inflation let alone the necessary bumps to close the gap between the low wage scale and industry standards?

You forgot to add NO INSURANCE.

So its less than what we have now. Why would I vote myself a paycut? Rather see this place go out of business.

El Chupacabra said:
You forgot to add NO INSURANCE.

So its less than what we have now. Why would I vote myself a paycut? Rather see this place go out of business.

El you are so right. Just drive it out of business because you dont get what you want- what you deserve...

You pilots that are so unhappy need to just get out of this place. .
Oh wait- you dont want to quit, you want everyone else to change.

Ok, well how about lets all band together and drive this place into the ground...ok..

CMH- employees lets put these pilots out of work-lets help them get unemployed..

I am just about at the point where I will be just as happy... one way or another.

The NMB screwed everybody by not giving a release. Slow painful death or quick humane death...

CapnVegetto said:
Hey, here's a better idea, why doesn't management actually make a FAIR F-ING OFFER????

Everyone has their own version of fair offer. So I say lets go ahead and shut the place down...out of work pilots. Doesn't matter to you guys right?

Ok, lets join you guys and do it quick.

you want unemployment,,, the CMh employees can help you real quick..

lets all join the unemployment line together...

You would make more flipping hamburgers....lets all go flip hamburgers together...

The pilots win...yahoo....

abenaki said:
Factoring in a modest 3% inflation factor for the years '99-'05 totaling 21% as a LOW end, that $61,000 should now be $73,810. Add another 4 years to the "contract" ('06-'09) at the same 3% per year, and that $61,000 should be $81,130.00

Hang on a second....

Why are you including inflation for the period covered by the last contract (99-01) and then including inflation for the 4 years for the new contract?

Wasnt COLA figured into the previous contract for the time period covered under the contract - 98-01?

And as I posted in another thread, COLA for the 4 years from 01-04 totaled only 8.8%.
FamilyGuy said:
Cost of Living Adjustments since the contract became amendable:

YEAR......COLA
2001......2.6%
2002......1.4%
2003......2.1%
2004......2.7%
Total......8.8%

Source: Social Security Administration
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/COLA/colaseries.html

I won't be unemployed or flipping hamburgers.

Oh and your math is wrong above. The effect of COLAs is NOT additive.

COLA??

Forget cola...
COLA=cost of living increase...
plus the year of service increase.

plus the "raise" these guys deserve because they are good guys and have families and mortgage payments...

I say, Let the pilots win- unemployment.

FAcFriend said:
COLA??

Forget cola...
COLA=cost of living increase...
plus the year of service increase.

plus the "raise" these guys deserve because they are good guys and have families and mortgage payments...

I say, Let the pilots win- unemployment.

ME TOO ... lets go....

Latest resources

Back