Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Quack

Reg Dunlop
Heard a rumor that NetJets was interested in reinstating its gateway city idea? Just curious if it's rumor or fact? thx

Heard a rumor that NetJets was interested in reinstating its gateway city idea? Just curious if it's rumor or fact? thx

Kinda sorta. The union and company have been in negotiations for a while now, and will be presenting a package for the pilot group to vote on. Among the changes will be a list of 100 crew bases (versus the 5 domiciles we have now), which were listed in this thread.

The package will be presented to the pilots on October 1st, and we'll be voting on it about a month later, I believe.

The reality is that Netjets wants to give us all a pay raise, but the union wont accept the pay raise without opening more gateways.

So yes, more gateways if the pilots are willing to take a pay raise.

The reality is that Netjets wants to give us all a pay raise, but the union wont accept the pay raise without opening more gateways.

Ski,

I am sorry! But, this is one of the most ignorant statements I have seen lately -- even for this board!

I know you follow the IBT board! Please ask your elected leadership and/or other volunteers whether the company WANTS to give us a raise on their own accord! I know you don't believe that one bit!

Thanks

Ski,

I am sorry! But, this is one of the most ignorant statements I have seen lately -- even for this board!

I know you follow the IBT board! Please ask your elected leadership and/or other volunteers whether the company WANTS to give us a raise on their own accord! I know you don't believe that one bit!

Thanks

Sarcasim

Sarcasim

I did all of my early training to fly the Sarca in the Sarca sim. Outstanding training provided by experienced instructors!

NJA pilots have no reliable means of commuting about the country to and from work.

NJA has no real "hubs" or "bases" in the truest airline sense of the word.

NJA has no real schedule, per se, dictating that a certain type of plane will pass through from XYZ-PDQ at 10am M-F.

As such, NJA has a unique problem in positioning crews that they have solved by using planes, trains and automobiles to get crews into position with a plane.

NJ management has tried to control costs (in this time of record profits for NetJets) a bit too bluntly by restricting the pilot domiciles for newhires to the number 5. In doing so, they overshot the mark a bit and turn many qualified applicants away due to the restricted basing program.

I know... I'll hear the rhetoric that NJA has "no shortage of applicants to work for this fine institution" but the FACT is that if we are not attracting and retaining the finest of the pilot pool available out there then we just aren't attracting the pilots most sought after. I'm not saying the pilots we're getting are bad so please don't get offended.

Pilots on property in the fall of 2005, meanwhile, continued to live in 200+ cities called HBAs.

How does NJ management continue to ratchet on costs yet deal with the cernain uncertainty of the Frax business?? IBB.

Problem for the pilot group... how do we allow 2 factions of pilots to be in one seniority list (Restricted HBAs/Crew Base) and NOT think that it won't come back to bite us in the ass... again?

No, NJA does not want to go back to the 25 base model. Not that anyone I've talked to has heard.

The magic number is 100, but 100 is a dirty number so far (dirt in the details).

Does

Wait until early October to get a better read on what's potentially happening with basing at NJA. That's when we'll have a proposal containing all of the possible changes, including basing.

Latest resources

Back