• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jets Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Netjets, for the owners, is a "Country Club / Statis Symbol" among the wealthy. It's bragging rights.

However,,, after 3 years of the most patient, underpaid, pilot labor group busting thier butts, Netjets has slapped them in the face with a crappy TA'd contract. The TA'd pay is less than the old contract with inflation adjustments. The work rules are worse (8 hours of on call duty on last day off prior to first work day, 16 hour first day of duty,.....).

Netjets doesn't understand that the most expensive thing is a pissed off captain armed with a pen!

Chances are Netjets product will go down hill fast. I expect the new fashion statement among the rich will be: "We use to be part of Netjets, but we just kept having too many issues, so now we just own our own plane." Only takes a few high profile people to start that trend.

Rumor has it the TA'd contract has no 2 year training contract. An interview and training at NJA might just be the way of the future (agian) for a free Type and a corporate job elsewhere.

I agree with my colleagues that NetJets is not the place to be right now. Even though most of us like the work, I have never seen such a corrosive employment climate in 38 years in the workforce. When I get a brief to start a tour in CMH, my immediate thought is what did I do wrong lately? It is the only employer I've ever had that I actually expect to get fired from.

Aside from the unbelievably bad TA, I would predict the next year or two will be worse than the past. Crews will be worked harder, intimidation and retribution will be more common, and the pilots' frustration should jack tempers up to a real fever pitch. More crews will be sitting "hot spare" in some FBO with the APU blasting away fom 11PM until 7AM, and twelve hour days will be a fond memory. If you have ANY other choices on how to earn a living, you would be wise to stay away from here.

cosmotheassman said:
3Wire,

To make you feel better, I got called by NJets for an interview and told them I wasn't interested anymore. He asked why and I said, "I saw the new TA". He replied, "What is wrong with the TA?" I said, " Your reply is why I'm not interested". He said, "don't believe everything you hear. We have an excellent relationship with our pilots". I said, "I thought you said not to believe everything I hear?" He said, " have a nice day" and hung up on me.

This screwed my chances of ever becoming a pilot with NJets but, it really didn't break my heart. 3Wire, I hope others would do the same for you guys but, I doubt it.
Seriously, you are my HERO! That's very ball$y and quite respectable. Too bad for Netjets - they probably need more "principled" people like you... Their loss.

You Are The Man

cosmotheassman said:
3Wire,

To make you feel better, I got called by NJets for an interview and told them I wasn't interested anymore. He asked why and I said, "I saw the new TA". He replied, "What is wrong with the TA?" I said, " Your reply is why I'm not interested". He said, "don't believe everything you hear. We have an excellent relationship with our pilots". I said, "I thought you said not to believe everything I hear?" He said, " have a nice day" and hung up on me.

This screwed my chances of ever becoming a pilot with NJets but, it really didn't break my heart. 3Wire, I hope others would do the same for you guys but, I doubt it.
Cosmotheassman,

You absolutely did the right thing and I thank you. I only hope that I can return the favor. You have integrity, self-worth and balls.

Cosmo Kramer would be proud.

Thank you again,

Cosmo is my hero

Cosmo,

You definitely made the right decision. I applaud your self respect. I'm about to start 8th year pay as a Falcon Captain and I now must plan, for my family's sake, to start over elsewhere. This TA is such an insult. I'm in shock that I remained optimistic for so long. I can't recommend NJA to anyone at this point. No matter what happens with this TA there will be poor labor relations here for years.

"Vote NO, it's all we have left"

Once word gets out to the owners that this place is a shell game, watch out.
Can you say graveyard spiral. According to some, NetJets will go out of business in 2 years if this concessionary contract doesn't get signed. NetJets is like an onion, layers upon layers of lies and deceit.

WATCH OUT>

been-there said:
According to some , NetJets will go out of business in 2 years if this concessionary contract doesn't get signed.

According to who? I've never been as sure of our stability as "some", and I still don't know how we make money but this may never make the news.
Company never gets bad press. Not sure why, but they never do.

Who's gonna monitor this vote since both sides want it to pass?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back