• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neeleman gone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Barger will be under a lot of pressure to improve the bottom line, with DN gone DB will be able to do what would have been unthinkable to DN...I predict that Barger will activate those credit card slots next to the TV screens and start charging for the in flight entertainment.

B6 pilots enjoy some pretty sweet duty rigs, I'm sure Chew is looking into those...despite the recent pay increases I believe that changes are still ahead to the pilots working agreement.

What? Sweet duty rigs?

If you call a 3 day 11:38 (from Opentime, for example) sweet, you have issues.

Charging for TVs? Never. Charging for WiFi? Probably.

B6 pilots enjoy some pretty sweet duty rigs, I'm sure Chew is looking into those...despite the recent pay increases I believe that changes are still ahead to the pilots working agreement.

Duty Rigs? We don't have a Duty Rig.

We have crappy 4/1 Trip Rig and a a$$ poor daily guarantee that only applies to single day pairing. Other than that we get paid for what we fly. Nothing more. Unless of course you are counting the premium pay on hours over 70 - that is really just an excuse to keep our pay values low and work the hell out of crew so be can pay for our ever increasing medical care and none existent B-Plan.

Duty Rigs? We don't have a Duty Rig.

We have crappy 4/1 Trip Rig and a a$$ poor daily guarantee that only applies to single day pairing. Other than that we get paid for what we fly. Nothing more. Unless of course you are counting the premium pay on hours over 70 - that is really just an excuse to keep our pay values low and work the hell out of crew so be can pay for our ever increasing medical care and none existent B-Plan.

You're forgetting the 11:28 JFK-TUS 3 day that pays 13:30. Do two of those in a row. 4 days away from home, 4 legs, 27 hours. Commutable out pm, commutable in am. And I'm not even senior.

You're forgetting the 11:28 JFK-TUS 3 day that pays 13:30. Do two of those in a row. 4 days away from home, 4 legs, 27 hours. Commutable out pm, commutable in am. And I'm not even senior.

Except that super dupper work rules doesn't always apply. For instance a same duty period trip as your 13:30 but a JFK-OAK-LGB then JFK pays block.

Work more credit less: that is the jetBlue way.

Weeeeee.

Barger will be under a lot of pressure to improve the bottom line, with DN gone DB will be able to do what would have been unthinkable to DN...I predict that Barger will activate those credit card slots next to the TV screens and start charging for the in flight entertainment.

No way. Thats one of our biggest selling points...a corner stone. We'll never charge for that. I agree on the wifi comment. We'll see.

Sweet duty rigs? WTFO?

cornerstone

No way. Thats one of our biggest selling points...a corner stone. We'll never charge for that. I agree on the wifi comment. We'll see.

I don't think we'll charge for tv's either, but headsets I could see. People take them on the way down the jetbridge, then inflight pushes them into the arms of everyone walking onboard, even with a set of our headsets in their hand and iPod headsets hanging out of their ears. It would be an easy way to make a buck or two per head which may seem small but with pricing power the way it is, a 2 dollar fare increase would make world headlines and cause comsumer outrage (if you believe airline management). Free TV/radio and bring your own headsets, or buy ours for a buck or two, not such a big deal.

Yeah, 'cause THAT'S a great idea... merge with a company continuously in the red for a while now while having cash issues of your own.

'Blue has a great product and needs to concentrate on slowly growing their own house, not jump into bed with someone.

The new announcement of West Coast expansion sounds like the beginnings of a good game plan.

Uh, it was a joke and a dig at all those that buy into the 'Delta's going to buy us' fear mantra/so we better unionize BS. Mine was even more improbable though, therefore i posted it.

Latest resources

Back