Neeleman gone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

Finally! Good visionary, but no clue how to run a maturing airline.

:pimp:​

He's not gone, he's Chairman of the Board. Just like Herb Kelleher at Southwest. While he won't be in charge of the day to day operations, he's still going to be highly involved.

(Not that I disagree entirely with your assessment of his skills...)

He's not gone, he's Chairman of the Board. Just like Herb Kelleher at Southwest. While he won't be in charge of the day to day operations, he's still going to be highly involved.
Don't kid yourself. He's a figurehead at this point. Barger will have the final say on everything.

Next step is private equity, and they will send Neeleman out the door from the chairmans seat.

:pimp:​

I guess this puts to rest the rumor of Dave B. leaving B6. I have not been at B6 long enough to be able to decide if this is a good thing or not. But I will say that most of the guys I have flown with feel this is exactly what needed to happen. In a nut shell, one guy is the dreamer and the other is the guy who actually makes it happen. I guess David N. can go and start making coal into oil now.

Both are great people, very smart and know exactly what they are doing in their capacity. Having said that, DN did a great job getting this place started, having the vision to create an airline that put the customers first and treated the crewmembers right. In the past 2 years, that has started to fade. Customer service is not quite what is was when I started here and the treatement of the crewmembers has started to slip a bit as well. I think this is a great move and should really re-energize the airline. DN will serve an important role in that he will still have the creative input and be able to throw great ideas on the table. DB though will have control of our airline and the future if JB, and I am very excited about that. He is a level headed thinker with the best interest of both the crewmembers and customers in mind. He is also surrounding himself with some good new people who have ideas. For example, the same day this is announced, it is reported that JB is looking to expand growth in the west....conincidence or just a new way of thinking of growth for the company. I believe the latter.

Both are great people, very smart and know exactly what they are doing in their capacity. Having said that, DN did a great job getting this place started, having the vision to create an airline that put the customers first and treated the crewmembers right. In the past 2 years, that has started to fade. Customer service is not quite what is was when I started here and the treatement of the crewmembers has started to slip a bit as well. I think this is a great move and should really re-energize the airline. DN will serve an important role in that he will still have the creative input and be able to throw great ideas on the table. DB though will have control of our airline and the future if JB, and I am very excited about that. He is a level headed thinker with the best interest of both the crewmembers and customers in mind. He is also surrounding himself with some good new people who have ideas. For example, the same day this is announced, it is reported that JB is looking to expand growth in the west....conincidence or just a new way of thinking of growth for the company. I believe the latter.

I heard of he 44 daily flights out of sfo by the end of the year and the 190 going west, is that the "report" you are refering to? is it official or just rumor?

How did Barger do during the Valentine's meltdown? A JB friend of mine claims he was seen wandering around the JFK terminal aimlessly (helpless)... Is this move a precursor to a buyout?

At least General Chow (former ATC failure) will help lead the troops... Let's hope for warm weather and no freezing rain in the next few months. ;)

Well there goes the profit margins on the SFO market. Between you guys and SWA, there is going to be another blood bath there.

During the Valentines Day IROP, Dave Barger was stuck in FLL. He conducted a previously scheduled pilot meeting in order to make the best of the time and to stick to his committment to communicate with the pilots after the bizarre Pilot Compensation Group report. Yes, he had to duck out a couple of times to check on things, but there was really nothing more he coud do from the field.

I think this move is one of the smarter strategic moves JB has undertaken. David Neeleman is a great entrepreneur, but he needs to let others handle the nuts and bolts of the operation. Wallstreet is going to love Barger.

Latest resources

Back