• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neeleman gone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll find out that here, just like in all other airlines, we have those that did not plan for retirement that want age 65, and the rest that do not.

Manny -- I am gonna pull a rollaboard at jb until I am at least 78, then I am gonna take that set of Ginsu steak knives they give me and start my second career as a Sushi Chef.

retirement party

Manny -- I am gonna pull a rollaboard at jb until I am at least 78, then I am gonna take that set of Ginsu steak knives they give me and start my second career as a Sushi Chef.

I saw a JB airbus captain's retirement flight the other day, taxiing to the ramp as two lav trucks sprayed the plane with blue juice. Got a little choked up but who wouldn't.

I think jetBlue, as a company, was pushing for age 65, but how do the pilots there feel about it?

We aren't organized in any sense, so there is no consensus opinion (attained by survey, validated by majority rule) out there. We have a Values committee that does some good work for us, but this probably does not come under their purview. Maybe it does, dunno. Dunno the dudes I voted for either.

Latest resources

Back