• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neeleman gone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did Barger do during the Valentine's meltdown? A JB friend of mine claims he was seen wandering around the JFK terminal aimlessly (helpless)... Is this move a precursor to a buyout?

At least General Chow (former ATC failure) will help lead the troops... Let's hope for warm weather and no freezing rain in the next few months. ;)

Not true. He was in FLL for a pocket session (crewmember meeting) He came back up in the middle of things to find a mess. He was in the terminal walking around, pissed at that, trying to figure out what the heck was going on. By the time he got there decisions were already made without him and he was doing his best to comfort the customers and get things back on track. He is a great guy and good at what he does. As for a buyout, I doubt it. The delta rumor is not true and was squashed when they announced pouring money into their terminal yesterday and not buying us for ours. I think this will be a HUGE turnaround for us and should get the troops going again. Great news as far as I am concerned.

Ahh AKAAB...beat me to it :)

How are you?

I heard of he 44 daily flights out of sfo by the end of the year and the 190 going west, is that the "report" you are refering to? is it official or just rumor?

SHhhhhhhhhhh...be vewy vewy quite.

As for the report.... LINK

I think this is the first step towards a Delta Buy-out. I was under the impression that when the Merger and Acquisition language came out on the new contracts, it would be a 5 year Severance to act as a deterrant to anyone buying JBLU. This 1 year severance is a drop in the bucket. It would be around $150 million to pay all the pilots to go away. Not much in the overall scheme of things.

On the bright side, if a buyout happens, you could see the stock price go to $25 pretty quick. Getting 100% vested right away is going to be sweet as far as the options go for us new guys.

Just my opinion...it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something!

Scott

Not true. He was in FLL for a pocket session (crewmember meeting) He came back up in the middle of things to find a mess. He was in the terminal walking around, pissed at that, trying to figure out what the heck was going on. By the time he got there decisions were already made without him and he was doing his best to comfort the customers and get things back on track. He is a great guy and good at what he does. As for a buyout, I doubt it. The delta rumor is not true and was squashed when they announced pouring money into their terminal yesterday and not buying us for ours. I think this will be a HUGE turnaround for us and should get the troops going again. Great news as far as I am concerned.

That's what I was referring to. My buddy there was not so impressed with his ability to keep his calm. Sure, it was very stressful.

I understand that is your opinion...but the DELTA thing was a bad rumor...period. I dont know why people get off on keeping it going. They just poured a ton of money into their LA operation and their JFK terminal. Besides the DOJ approval and legal lumps involved, it would not be good for delta to buy us. Same as you stated, its my opinion but I am very sure that the delta rumor was just that, a rumor. Now, the idea of a private equity deal is not out of the realm of possiblitiy.

That's what I was referring to. My buddy there was not so impressed with his ability to keep his calm. Sure, it was very stressful.

I would be pissed as well if I came back to see that decisions were made about the airline without consulting ALL the execs.

Dude... I thought you swore off the boards. ;)

Nice to see you back as well. Haven't missed much except a p*ssing match over the UAir integration, deafening silence from the AAI/MidEx merger/acquisition, and people still P.O.'d about Skybus. :D

p.s. How did you like the eBay auction of the pilot for sale?

was that you that sent me that? I reported it as someone sending me spam....sorry if it was you. I bought the pilot for only 3 dollars. He was a GIA guy and insited that he pay me!!

jk guys

as for the boards....dont post here that much anymore, just when something big happens.

Latest resources

Back