• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Neeleman gone

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GIA... *snicker* ;) So you have a lawn boy now? What are you giving him his 50 hours a month in? Or are you cashing in some of those options to buy a 152?

That's OK, eBay didn't say anything, so I guess it's kind of a "repeat offender" deal and I only sent it to you, got it off the "other" board.

Will try to call you later,,,

During the Valentines Day IROP, Dave Barger was stuck in FLL. He conducted a previously scheduled pilot meeting in order to make the best of the time and to stick to his committment to communicate with the pilots after the bizarre Pilot Compensation Group report. Yes, he had to duck out a couple of times to check on things, but there was really nothing more he coud do from the field.

I think this move is one of the smarter strategic moves JB has undertaken. David Neeleman is a great entrepreneur, but he needs to let others handle the nuts and bolts of the operation. Wallstreet is going to love Barger.

I heard Barger was reading a story to a grammar school class when he got the news. He was informed by his security detail and his handlers decided that FLL was a much safer place to drink Pina Coladas.

I am demanding an investigation at the next Open Haus / Town Hall Meeting / Pocket Session / recurrent.

More rumors to follow.

Don't kid yourself. He's a figurehead at this point. Barger will have the final say on everything.

Next step is private equity, and they will send Neeleman out the door from the chairmans seat.

:pimp:​

At least they didn't name Grinstein as our new CEO.

This is Very, very good news for all of us at Jetblue. DN is a visionary, not an ops guy. DB is the latter and is as personable a guy you could ever meet. Many people were worried that he would just outright leave after the hiring of Chew. I am very impressed with the leadership moves they have made since Feb 14.

Delta isnt happening, but maybe Frontier will!

At least they didn't name Grinstein as our new CEO.
At least he was smart enough to turn the everyday operations over to someone who was qualified.

Private equity is on the horizon. They will wait till the stock gets down to six or seven before pulling the trigger. DB's performance in the next 12 months will be closely scrutinized. If the operation doesn't show improvement, look for Russ Chew to take over once PE consumates the deal.

Chew was a line qualified Captain at AA on the 767 with undergraduate at Stanford and Doctorate at USC, before being appointed to COO at the FAA.

http://www.faa.gov/about/key_officials/chew/

:pimp:​

Last edited:
If the operation doesn't show improvement, look for Russ Chew to take over once PE consumates the deal.

:puke:dog chow failed at aa and the faa, he will fail a jb too and will be fired in less than 6 months ( after we unionize).

Delta isnt happening, but maybe Frontier will!
Yeah, 'cause THAT'S a great idea... merge with a company continuously in the red for a while now while having cash issues of your own.

'Blue has a great product and needs to concentrate on slowly growing their own house, not jump into bed with someone.

The new announcement of West Coast expansion sounds like the beginnings of a good game plan.

This certainly isn't the beginning of the end, but rather the end of the beginning for JBLU.

This is probably a smart move on the part of JBLU. Time will tell if Barger has what it takes to meet the challenges ahead.

Barger will be under a lot of pressure to improve the bottom line, with DN gone DB will be able to do what would have been unthinkable to DN...I predict that Barger will activate those credit card slots next to the TV screens and start charging for the in flight entertainment.

B6 pilots enjoy some pretty sweet duty rigs, I'm sure Chew is looking into those...despite the recent pay increases I believe that changes are still ahead to the pilots working agreement.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back