• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Seniority Protocol

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This BIFR paragraph will surely be left on the cutting room floor. In order for this to pass any vote their will have to be some reciprocity by the other Unions. What do you think the odds are of the APA, NPA, or non-union shops recognizing ALPA seniority?

also agree with you....its ony of my main points..I think the point would be that everyone becomes ALPA based on benchmarks....hence ALPA wins with more members also ( I am sure this is figured somewhere) ......

also....say Delta MEC ( or any other alpa legacy carrier) and pilots dont like this or whatever agreement .....they simply remove ALPA as their union , and form their own union , ala APA and no one goes to DAL based on this list.....also a distinct possibility.

BRAVO!.....ALPA is starting to get the message.....Don't stop the pressure....IT IS WORKING.....

We must support this....

Rez....What do you think?

Those unions wont but when one of their members accepts a job at an ALPA carrier they will accept the ALPA policies as part of their condition of employment. Notice that the resolution also calls for this to be included in all future contracts.

So its not so much that any other union recognize the seniority. ALPA will include their pilots in this seniority protocol which they could decide to be a part of if they choose to work for an ALPA carrier.

I understand that the proposal does not include a provision for reciprocity but reciprocity will be needed for it to pass. Why would alpa pilots agree to accept outside pilots in with seniority when those other associations do not recognize the same provisions? That is just stupid.

If the UAL MEC is hung up on this part then the whole thing will surely fail.

I understand that the proposal does not include a provision for reciprocity but reciprocity will be needed for it to pass. Why would alpa pilots agree to accept outside pilots in with seniority when those other associations do not recognize the same provisions? That is just stupid.

What if you don't include non-ALPA pilots?.....Want to bet everyone else will become ALPA pretty quick.....They will be knocking down the door......

What if you don't include non-ALPA pilots?.....Want to bet everyone else will become ALPA pretty quick.....They will be knocking down the door......

This is twice in the same year I have agreed with Joe.

This is twice in the same year I have agreed with Joe.

:beer:
We can agree more.....Just requires a real union that pulls in the same direction....We don't have that right now....

If this pushes forward I will become the biggest ALPA cheerleader on here.....More than PCL_128 and Rez combined.....Does ALPA have it in them....That is the question......

What was the other thing you agreed with me on?

Very much for this! It's about 30 years over due.

Very much for this! It's about 30 years over due.

AGREED......ALPA cheerleaders and sceptics....Time to unite and support this.....

Those of you who question ALPA need to get behind this and make your voice heard....Time to put up or shut up!

Then contact your MEC chairman and tell him how you feel.

Are you sure about that? Something tells me that SWAPA won't be breaking down ALPA's door anytime soon.... Why would someone at SWA vote to surrender his relative seniority to someone who hops over from a near bankrupt legacy carrier?

Latest resources

Back