• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nasty Chief Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds just exactly like this character I flew with in Meridian, Ms.

1.NO ( zero ) personality
2.No management skills
3.No social skills
4.Flying smarts almost nil when comes to weather
5. Very loud mouthed and obnoxious
6. Is exactly what my father would have referred to as a "blivet". Ten pounds of s**t in a 9 pound bag .

:mad: .

grumman38 said:
I don't know if you would call this guy NASTY, but he does have some quirks.
Been married 4 or 5 times.
Wants to go the opposite direction you request for weather. Always
Suc35ks in training and thinks he is breaking the bank in the sim! Tries to give you tips, instructor finally has enough and hints that you are doing better than he. Brags when he gets home about how he done.
Well off course on low app and will not listen to directions. Later complains that equip is out of "calibration" when he sees runway. Its a GPS.
Thinks airline pilots "Don't have safe procedures" and are terrible pilots,Repeats daily.
Private pilots will ALL soon kill themselves.
VLJets will finish the rest off.
When you are flying left seat, he pulls out the checklist and almost screams OK! Some type of control issue, commanding from the RIGHT seat(we are both typed and same amount of time in type).
Two pilots in our dept but he plays the chief thing to the hilt. No management skills.
Hates pilots who are making a good salary! I love to hear it.

My rant here is done!

F200, Home base first flight of day, waiting on ramp guy to complete the fueling
I returned to the cabin to grab my pen
CP storms out of the building and screams at me that I'm not monitoring the fueler.

Same CP grabbed the plates in my lap just before landing to pick up first pax(CEO no less), says I don't have them in the correct order, leans back between the seats and flings the papers back into the cabin...they scatter like snowflakes all over the seats.

Has one of his captains so scared to make decisions on his own...that while out on the road this captain calls home to get instructions on how to handle the emergency(gear not up on takeoff) during the emergency. He's on the SAT phone with the CP while ATC's asking our intentions.

PILOTA said:
Has one of his captains so scared to make decisions on his own...that while out on the road this captain calls home to get instructions on how to handle the emergency(gear not up on takeoff) during the emergency. He's on the SAT phone with the CP while ATC's asking our intentions.

LOL, just like my last job...I always felt like I couldnt make decisions worth a dime b/c from the begining of the employment "nothing was done right". The problem was that I was so worried about making "wrong" decisions, which now I know were right that I just wouldnt make any decisions what so ever which made matters even worst. I wasnt affraid of losing my job, I was more affraid of getting the career reputation of the guy who beats the sh*t out of CPs.

Now that I'm at my new job I feel so much more at ease, all the captains I have flow with now have been very happy with my performance and decision making that they are really looking forward in recommending me for an upgrade. (true story)

This numb nuts that I speak of actually told me he looked in the purse of the owners wife one day when she left it on the plane so he could check out her checkbook balance!
:rolleyes:
grumman38 said:
Suc35ks in training and thinks he is breaking the bank in the sim! Tries to give you tips, instructor finally has enough and hints that you are doing better than he. Brags when he gets home about how he done.
Well off course on low app and will not listen to directions. Later complains that equip is out of "calibration" when he sees runway. Its a GPS.
Thinks airline pilots "Don't have safe procedures" and are terrible pilots,Repeats daily.
When you are flying left seat, he pulls out the checklist and almost screams OK! Some type of control issue, commanding from the RIGHT seat(we are both typed and same amount of time in type).
Two pilots in our dept but he plays the chief thing to the hilt. No management skills.

My rant here is done!

Genius at Meridian would be descending through 10k at 275kts and never start pulling back the power. Red line below 10 is 265. When the overspeed horn goes off he says " we need to get that fixed "
grumman38 said:

My rant here is done!

tracearabians said:
Genius at Meridian would be descending through 10k at 275kts and never start pulling back the power. Red line below 10 is 265. When the overspeed horn goes off he says " we need to get that fixed "

I don't give a dang who you are if you fly with me, you do that sh1t, I'll pull the power back if the pilot flying doesn't. Than we can argue about it on the ground.

Just like when I first started as a Lear co-pilot on a Lear 25, maybe 5 months in. Long story short: We had about 800 pounds of fuel at 2,000 feet in crazy IMC, couldn't get into destination (Boca) had to go missed, MIA and FLL were closed from the storm and everyone was coming to PBI. Every other airliner trying the ILS for 27 was going missed. ATC said to us, "fly 090 heading, you're #14 for runway 27". We weren't at the coastline yet. I looked at him and said there's no way we can go 20 miles out into the Atlantic with this much fuel, we'll run out. His stupid azz, "aww, we'll be ok".

I said, "whatever, called ATC without his bullsh1t permission and told them Nxxxx would like to call "minimum fuel". He was pissed, but do you think I give a dang what he thinks. Got vectored immediately for the ILS. We landed, taxiied in, stopped on the ramp with less than 200 pounds TOTAL. I told the boss I'm never flying with that moron again.

This is the same loser who went off a runway for almost 1/4 of a mile in the Carribean because he landed with no hydraulics in a Lear 25 because the idiot decided to land on the 5,000 foot strip instead of flying 10 miles north to a military 10,000 foot strip. Maybe some of you know this fool.

Captains are the number one killer of co-pilots and passengers. My favorite fact. I think I'll make it my signature.

Last edited:
PILOTA said:

Sounds familiar. The guy I fly with files all the flightplans because he doesn't like the way I file or the routes I use. I make him tell me how much fuel he wants on every leg, even if it's mine, because he never likes the amount I order. I quit giving him V speeds for approach because if I said 110, he would say it's more like 108. (I always wanted to tell him I wanted to see him fly 108 and not 110.) I don't care about all that stuff. It's just less that I have to do. It's all the other crap I put up with. For instance, we almost ran off a 6000 foot runway a few months ago just because he didn't apply the brakes. I started for the brakes and I guess it woke him up. We left black marks all the way off the runway onto the taxiway.

coloneldan said:
Sounds familiar. The guy I fly with files all the flightplans because he doesn't like the way I file or the routes I use. I make him tell me how much fuel he wants on every leg, even if it's mine, because he never likes the amount I order. I quit giving him V speeds for approach because if I said 110, he would say it's more like 108. (I always wanted to tell him I wanted to see him fly 108 and not 110.) I don't care about all that stuff. It's just less that I have to do. It's all the other crap I put up with. For instance, we almost ran off a 6000 foot runway a few months ago just because he didn't apply the brakes. I started for the brakes and I guess it woke him up. We left black marks all the way off the runway onto the taxiway.

Yeah, its funny how pilots don't like to use brakes, like they're the ones paying for them. I get on the brakes right after the reversers are fully deployed, maybe not heavily but they definitely start coming in. I don't care if its a 10,000 foot runway. I flew for this one company (Creston Aviation) and the D.O. (King Cheezeball) prohibited pilots to use brakes until we HAD to use them. For some reason he got the whole "aerodynamic braking" thing stuck in his puny mind. I did it the way I wanted, not his stupid way.
These are the pilots who haven't yet gone off the end of a runway, but they will. The last 2,000 feet of a runway at 50-60 knots is not the time I want to find out the brakes have some kind of a problem, I want to know immediately after touchdown where I have some choices.

This was more than just not wanting to use the brakes. We were in a Beechjet, on 6000 ft. (If you're not familiar with Beechjets, let me just say the brakes suck moldy, green, stump water. They have by far, the worst brakes of any jet I've flown.) He touched down, and deployed the reversers but didn't pull any thrust. He just held the nose off and rolled down the runway. When the nose finally came down, he still didn't apply the brakes. We got to 1500 feet from the end and were still doing over 80 knots. That was as far as I was willing to let it go (I learned long ago not to question him.) and I started for the brakes. When I did, my hand went to the glareshield. Apearantly, he saw that and applied the brakes. After we turned off he said, "Did it scare you?" Then he started making excusses. It was like somebody turned off his brain between TR deployment and brake application. My hand going to the glareshield turned it back on.

For this and many other things, I watch this guy like a hawk.

This guy and captain dick head in Meridian must have the same parents. Maybe their family trees don't fork !:nuts:
:eek:
coloneldan said:
This was more than just not wanting to use the brakes. We were in a Beechjet, on 6000 ft. (If you're not familiar with Beechjets, let me just say the brakes suck moldy, green, stump water. They have by far, the worst brakes of any jet I've flown.) He touched down, and deployed the reversers but didn't pull any thrust. He just held the nose off and rolled down the runway. When the nose finally came down, he still didn't apply the brakes. We got to 1500 feet from the end and were still doing over 80 knots. That was as far as I was willing to let it go (I learned long ago not to question him.) and I started for the brakes. When I did, my hand went to the glareshield. Apearantly, he saw that and applied the brakes. After we turned off he said, "Did it scare you?" Then he started making excusses. It was like somebody turned off his brain between TR deployment and brake application. My hand going to the glareshield turned it back on.

For this and many other things, I watch this guy like a hawk.

Latest resources

Back