• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
NW Pilot

I typically do not post on this board but I enjoy reading it from time to time and quite frankly the only reason I posted here is because while I wouldn't do what you are doing and yes I do think it involves some inherent risk I am tired of these guys ganging up on you and bashing you. While ferrying a/c is risky is risk involved in flying a "heavy corporate" on a trans con flight...YES. I do hope you have life insurance if you do have a family but ultimately that is between you and your family. Further to this IF I were hiring pilots to fly for an airline (or anything for that matter) would I hire a 1500 hr CFII or would I hire a 1500 hr pilot that has ferried a/c overwater well let me think who would have more real world experience.... you tell me?

Dirt

ps keep the post of your flights coming they are quite interesting.

Last edited:
You can't really post too many adventures when you have only had a few.

You have one overwater crossing that I know of. One. Not a big long resume if you ask me.

Ummm way more than one how many single/twin piston crossings do you have?

On another message board a few months back you were stating that you were going to have to sell your home because you couldn't pay the bills. And you claim airline pilots are underpaid? Get real.

Don't worry about the airlines dude. You aint ever going to be flying for the airlines.

Going to sell my house Yes, (the one I have a bank note on) Not worrying about the airlines not my cup of tea.

What? Earlier you were talking about flying to all these places that few people wanted or feared to go. Now you are saying you are new to this industry? What is it? Either you have all this experience or you dont.

New as in years wise Auguast will be 2 years ferrying planes. I know many that have been doing it for 10+ years ie: new to this industry!

Aren't you married with children?

Yes, Are You!!!!

momalley81

I dont fly night freight in a Lear but that is something different entirely.

You dont know what you are talking about. You haven't got a clue. SO, to disguise the fact that you are a clueless amateur you crack stupid ED jokes and brag about hangar rent that no one here gives a damn about.

Seriously, you aren't funny and you have nothing to contribute.

Run along.

You started the name calling I believe by calling me "junior" and I believe you referred to NW at "napoleon" I was stating a fact about the hangar rent not bragging. If you are not flying freight in a lear then you should change your current position in your profile.

We all agree it's riskier what NW is doing than most flying with that being said why not just sit back enjoy NW regaling us with his tales of ferrying a/c.

Dirt

Fantastic as long as you want to be a ferry pilot for the rest of your life. (not that there's anything wrong with that....)

Good luck.

Never said I wanted to be anything else ferrying is fun total kick in the pants and makes you know your alive.

I typically do not post on this board but I enjoy reading it from time to time and quite frankly the only reason I posted here is because while I wouldn't do what you are doing and yes I do think it involves some inherent risk I am tired of these guys ganging up on you and bashing you. While ferrying a/c is risky is risk involved in flying a "heavy corporate" on a trans con flight...YES. I do hope you have life insurance if you do have a family but ultimately that is between you and your family. Further to this IF I were hiring pilots to fly for an airline (or anything for that matter) would I hire a 1500 hr CFII or would I hire a 1500 hr pilot that has ferried a/c overwater well let me think who would have more real world experience.... you tell me?

Rusty

ps keep the post of your flights coming they are quite interesting.

Thanks,

You started the name calling I believe by calling me "junior" and I believe you referred to NW at "napoleon" I was stating a fact about the hangar rent not bragging. If you are not flying freight in a lear then you should change your current position in your profile.

We all agree it's riskier what NW is doing than most flying with that being said why not just sit back enjoy NW regaling us with his tales of ferrying a/c.

Dirt

Will post more when I get a chance. As for the conclusion of this adventure you will all have to here it over a cold one or 3 :) I am out T&A waiting for me!!!!

DIRT & NW_Pilot VS Hawkdrvr & Momalley81 Royal Rumble style!!!!! I'll call vince mcman and set it up.

This guy NW pee-lot is a complete tool bragging about girls on the internet.
DIRT is just dirty

both you clowns should respect your elders(not necessarily in terms of age but experience). crossing the pond in a piston doesnt really impress me or anyone else, what does comes to mind is "what an idiot for taking that gig".

Anyone that flys night cargo in a lear is okay in my book, extra points if its a 20 series!

Last edited:
NWpilot, knocking those guys who fly the 1900's for Great Lakes isn't going to make you any friends. Talking down about others isn't going to make you any friends. I am sure you're making yourself a reputation as a ferry pilot...

As to great contacts? You've already pissed off enough people in the industry to effectively ruin yourself if you don't have a major attitude adjustment and spend a long time, for lack of a better word, repenting for all your past sins. There are different ways of going about things and your way is not the right one.

For instance the airlines are too not for me, but you never know what hands life deals you and who you will be your friend tomorrow so I'd be careful about throwing some libel around about the people who are the most numerous in this industry...airline pilots. They move on to corporate jobs, charter jobs and ferry jobs. They know people. I'd bet that most people who have been around the business even for a few years as a professional are only a few degrees off of knowing everyone in the industry.

You're splashing in a very small pool and you're heading into the deep end without your water wings. When the time comes you start sinking are you sure someone is going to come help you...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back