• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Avbug:
I googled his name but I do not see a company or contact info. I may give him a call. I am also interested in Southern Cross. Looks like a very professional organization. There does not seem to be much info about the light aircraft they ferry, only larger transport and corporate stuff.

He thinks that he can fly a turbine just because he heard one start across the ramp.

He's also advertising ferry service for basically every turboprop light enough not to require a type rating, including the MU-2. That's a suicide mission without proper training.

He's also advertising ferry service for basically every turboprop light enough not to require a type rating, including the MU-2. That's a suicide mission without proper training.

Holy crap, you're right.

You know, I haven't had too much of an opinion on this guy, I mean he's obviously immature and a bit of a jerk, but I wasn't going to pass judgement on some of hte stuff he was doing without knowing more.

However if he's offering ferry services for merlins, MU-2's, cheyennes and such with zero time in this class of aircraft (let alone time in the specific models), I have no reservation stating that he's a complete idiot with no redeeming qualities.

Holy crap, you're right.

You know, I haven't had too much of an opinion on this guy, I mean he's obviously immature and a bit of a jerk, but I wasn't going to pass judgement on some of hte stuff he was doing without knowing more.

However if he's offering ferry services for merlins, MU-2's, cheyennes and such with zero time in this class of aircraft (let alone time in the specific models), I have no reservation stating that he's a complete idiot with no redeeming qualities.

As Usual, You all assume way to much!!!

I contract out flights I am not comfortable flying to other pilots in the industory! They give me a small percentage of the pilot fee's for the referral if the flight happens. I do the same with their referrals.

Sometimes I ride along and learn to fly a particular make and model. The client gets the plane delivered, we both make money, and sometimes I learn a new aircraft.

You all can think what you want!

Ride along and learn to fly a particular model? Wait until Flight Safety International, CAE Simuflite, and every other training organization out there gets wind of your idea. You'll put them all out of business. Why train properly when you can merely ride along and figure it all out.

For a flying corpse, you're a smart one.

As Usual, You all assume way to much!!!

I contract out flights I am not comfortable flying to other pilots in the industory! They give me a small percentage of the pilot fee's for the referral if the flight happens. I do the same with their referrals.

Sometimes I ride along and learn to fly a particular make and model. The client gets the plane delivered, we both make money, and sometimes I learn a new aircraft.

You all can think what you want!

Look, you've already stated that you're looking for caravans to ferry despite any experince with or training on turbine engines, or that aircraft model. I can see the thought process. "well I have 4.3 hours checking myself out enroute in a caravan, and I rode along in a king air for a couple of hours, so I ought to be good to go to hop into a cheyenne .... " "Just hand me the POH the keys and my fee", right?

I contract out flights I am not comfortable flying to other pilots in the industory!

THat's just it, it's becoming increasigly obvious that you don't have the raw wattage necessary to recognize when you shouldn't be "comfortable"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back