Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I have decided not to complete this flight going "west" client insists it goes west. I doubt he is going to find a pilot to take it west bound. If he dose I really think we will be reading a NTSB or some other type of accident report report. Latest finding was internal corrosion on the left engine carburetor causing fuel starvation. They replaced the Carb but client refused to inspect the engine any further because it only had about 50 hours (over a year of sitting) SMOH bla bla bla bla! Good luck to whomever gets to fly that death trap. It's funny that no mechanic on the airport would work on it because a cretin mechanic had worked on it.
Wow Ndub. That was the most readable and intelligible post I've seen by you in ages. Keep it up. ;)

So, let me get this straight. After trying, what, twice(at least once, for sure) you decided not to try it, and now the airplane is a death trap? This sounds like an opportunity to learn a lesson and tell a few people that they were right. Not spout off about how you wish "whomever tries to fly" it luck. You were this person just a couple of weeks ago. Make one wonder how many times you've cheated death traps in the past. You sure were confident before. However, it seems that you did indicate you'd go east with it. Can I assume you'd still make a N. Atl. crossing in this death trap?

So, let me get this straight. After trying, what, twice(at least once, for sure) you decided not to try it, and now the airplane is a death trap? This sounds like an opportunity to learn a lesson and tell a few people that they were right. Not spout off about how you wish "whomever tries to fly" it luck. You were this person just a couple of weeks ago. Make one wonder how many times you've cheated death traps in the past. You sure were confident before. However, it seems that you did indicate you'd go east with it. Can I assume you'd still make a N. Atl. crossing in this death trap?
svcta:
Pick up a copy of: "The Art of War" there is a whole chapter on allowing your opponent a way out that doesn't embarrass them too much.
I'm proud of Steven for deciding this flight was a no go. He might be ready to return to the professional pilot web forum...

The person "open drug user" I believe you were talking about is a 2 deployment IRAQ veteran honorably discharged.

I want to go to Iraq, so that American laws will not apply to me when I come back.

Nope, I have decided not to complete this flight going "west" client insists it goes west. I doubt he is going to find a pilot to take it west bound. If he dose I really think we will be reading a NTSB or some other type of accident report report. Latest finding was internal corrosion on the left engine carburetor causing fuel starvation. They replaced the Carb but client refused to inspect the engine any further because it only had about 50 hours (over a year of sitting) SMOH bla bla bla bla! Good luck to whomever gets to fly that death trap. It's funny that no mechanic on the airport would work on it because a cretin mechanic had worked on it.

Thank you for making a wise decision and not orphaning your kid. Let this be a learning expereince.

One of the toughest things to do in this biz is being able to call it off. Sounds like you made the right call.
Tell him it needs to go into a reputable shop or pull it apart and put it in shipping container.

One of the toughest things to do in this biz is being able to call it off. Sounds like you made the right call.
Tell him it needs to go into a reputable shop or pull it apart and put it in shipping container.

Sorry was at the neighbors helping with the race car First Fire of a 410CI GM,

I Told the client it needs to go into a reputable shop but no shop at that airport would work on it because a cretin wrench had worked on it. Unsafe to fly to any other airport. With the solid wing/spar on the AC 500 it cannot be placed in a container.

Now my input as a mod:
Now that the thing has been called off I will admit that this thread can not longer go anywhere useful. Its probably going to upset some people, but now seems like a good time to close the thread and take some heat off of NW_Pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back