• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My GoJet Experience today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, you and the original poster are a better group of pilots because you fly people that are not the unwashed masses.
Also, you two are conceited ******************************bags.

Yes, conceited ******************************bags.

Happy holidays conceited ******************************bags hope you have a good holiday you conceited ******************************bag.

I hate to be the spelling and grammar Nazi_ but that original poster sounded like an idiot. Basic rule of thumb; If you're going to bitch about quality, please try not to make yourself look like a complete moron in the process.

Now, please tell me how many spelling and grammar errors I made in this post. Never fails, Huh?

I only caught a missing comma, an improper use of a semicolon when a colon was appropriate, and an improperly-capitalized word. Not bad; I give it a B. :laugh:

I thimk you're being too generous.

Yep, you and the original poster are a better group of pilots because you fly people that are not the unwashed masses.
Also, you two are conceited ******************************bags.

Yes, conceited ******************************bags.

Happy holidays conceited ******************************bags hope you have a good holiday you conceited ******************************bag.

Whale, take a breath! Most of us are not ragging on the pilots. We realise it is your management that has created this problem. But you have to admit that 121 land is no fun for the pax. Frac pilots fly 4-6 legs a month as pax. We see first hand how bad the airlines are. We complain because like all pilots, we complain. But we are complaining about your managements performance, not yours. Happy New Year.

All I'm sayin is "Dear NetJetters. We get it OK? You provide good customer service and you hate Part 121. Now can we please move on?"

The part I don't get is I would think you guys would be happy that the airlines don't cater to the high end traveler any more because that might attract some of the business from the edges of your clientèle.

Bingo. Keep up the bad work guys. You just keep sending those first class pax our way. We'll take 'em!

As a NetJets pilot, let me give you my side of the equation. We bust our butts to treat every pax as if they were the only one. The airplanes are immaculate, the crews are professional and courteous, and the support staff is usually an outside vendor that we pay (Signature Flight Support for example). They know where their bread and butter come from. Therefore we are able to see how good things can be.

The 121 world makes it hard for you guys to REALLY give it your 100%. You rely on rude "customer service" agents, ground staff that LITERALLY throws bags (pax don't like that), and you aren't allowed to open the cockpit door to look the pax in the eye when things go bad. These things are setting you up for failure.

The frustration occurs when there are things that can be done that aren't being done. Cleaning the lav for example. I'm not talking about switching out the blue juice. I'm talking about getting something to wipe down the lav. It would take less than 3 minutes to do a quick job in there. Or are all of you to good for that??? If EVERYONE did it, they wouldn't get so nasty.

Just a thought.

Well, let's see here...We have 29 minutes from the time we set the brake to get the pax off..cross seat belts..clean up after them (they usually leave plenty behind)..run in and try to find a computer to get the next flight release...go back to the plane and go through all of the wx (make sure the alternate is legal etc..) and make sure we have the proper fuel load and that comissary has come (and put away) and start loading for the next leg.....I'll see if I can find those 3 minutes to clean that lav and spray febreeze down the isle on my way back...Oh, and none of the crew has had time to eat today!!

Well I think he's saying it isn't your fault that the marketing people at most airlines today don't care about the customer experience. They are putting the pressure on you and dropping the importance of what is considered vital to pt. 91 operations. Most 121 guys I fly with wouldn't last a day at a 91 operation because the key tasks have never been emphasized to them. It's not about being better, some people like providing good service and others would rather fly their line. There is a reason 91 gigs generally pay much better for similar size aircraft, it's a lot more work.

Reality is that people have said they only care about ticket price. Even to the point that they will choose a flight that's only $10 cheaper. United took that to an extreme with some of their contractors and paid the price. Nobody wants to ride on an RJ with cloth seats displaying unknown stain cultures.

Well, let's see here...We have 29 minutes from the time we set the brake to get the pax off..cross seat belts..clean up after them (they usually leave plenty behind)..run in and try to find a computer to get the next flight release...go back to the plane and go through all of the wx (make sure the alternate is legal etc..) and make sure we have the proper fuel load and that commissary has come (and put away) and start loading for the next leg.....I'll see if I can find those 3 minutes to clean that lav and spray febreeze down the isle on my way back...Oh, and none of the crew has had time to eat today!!

Come on. Don't patronize me. I'm trying to offer a different perspective and trying to help. The lav was just an example.

Do you help parents unfold their stroller? Takes 5 seconds.

What about helping a lost traveler find a gate instead of pointing them to the infamous "customer service" agents?

Let me address your excuses:

Crossing seat belts is like trying to polish a turd. Don't waste your time.

How long have you been at your airline? You don't know where the computers are???

Every other leg you go back to the same airport. How many times do you REALLY need to read the same weather?

It takes me 1 second to read a fuel guage. How long does it take you?

How long does it take to see if commissary loaded the plane?

"Flight Attendant. Was commissary here?"
"Yes."
"Good. Thank you."

Listen. I worked for a regional doing 30 minute turns. I know what your job is like. Finding 3 minutes to do the little things WILL get noticed.

Latest resources

Back