• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My entire outlook on SWA has changed.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We had 7000 apps on file in just a few days. One less certainly won't hurt.

Alrighty then.... I guess arrogance is bliss as well! Remember, every airline that has been top in pay in the past is no longer top....ie you only are until you aren't.

I hope it works out for you GFunk20, but to say that excessive arrogance, even on a webboard, isn't disheartening to the future of the SWAPA group is missing the longer range picture.

I cannot believe the posts I read on this website coming from SWA pilots. I seriously thought you guys were a pretty cool pilot group, but judging form the posts here, you are a pretentious group of jerks that think you are the best and nobody can tell you different.

Many people say that SWA is the best place to work for, but I seriously have my doubts about how nice it actually is after reading the posts here. You may make a lot of money for a 737, but all of you representing SWA on this board are really making SWA look bad. Just my opinion of course.

This is not meant to be flamebait, and I am in no way affiliated with Air Tran. I just wanted you all to know what your bickering looks like to the outsider. I am not saying the General or anyone else is any better, I am just saying before these past months since the merger, I held your pilot group in high esteem, and now I don't.

I really wasted my time reading this thread.....

If you are serious, then I am really concerned with your reasoning skills.

Last edited:
The culture of SWA is not fully represented by 20-30 posters (including myself) on here;

1. believe your eyes and ears when you jumpseat on SWA....are you treated better than other airlines or your own? When you travel with your family are the agents generally accommodating (bad experiences can occur even at SWA occasionally) and helpful?

2. When you fly on SWA are the customers treated with respect generally and are the employees genuine toward them?

3. Ask yourself this question, "how many pieces of clothing do most airline pilots own that have their airline's name on it?" It may sound like a stupid question but most SWA employees will say quite a few; most others I've spoken with have zero or 1 or 2 at the most; it merely illustrates the amount of pride one has in one's place of work.

4. Does management take care (definition varies I know) of its employees financially and their families?

5. Speak to the employees and get an idea of how management has gone out of its way to help them personally and compare to your own experience or those at other airlines.

6. Ask the employees if they "enjoy coming to work" and their fellow employees.

7. Do you see employee groups working together for the most part?

8. Are the SWA the most productive pilots in the industry? This illustrates work ethic and desire that has been a trademark for SWA since its inception.

None of the above by themselves are singularly unique to SWA; however, they are unique as a whole in that I believe they all apply 95% of the time to our operations.

All of the above and much more requires significant homework and more than merely reading the ramblings of a few posters on an anonymous forum.

If you chose your future spouse by just reading their rants on match.com or marryme.com then you may find that you might be surprised by how far off your expectations are for that person. Forums are one dimensional only and anonymous forums are even less illustrative of the real persons and create false impressions IMHO.

If you don't wish to apply or have a low opinion of SWA after doing all of the above, then we aren't who we say we are.

I suspect that if you do your homework, the answers will be shockingly clear why our little airline has as much pride as it does; that may seem over the top or hokey to some but that is OK, different strokes as the saying goes.

Have a good Labor Day weekend, cheers,

One Happy and proud SWA employee & pilot

The culture of SWA is not fully represented by 20-30 posters (including myself) on here;

1. believe your eyes and ears when you jumpseat on SWA....are you treated better than other airlines or your own? When you travel with your family are the agents generally accommodating (bad experiences can occur even at SWA occasionally) and helpful?

2. When you fly on SWA are the customers treated with respect generally and are the employees genuine toward them?

3. Ask yourself this question, "how many pieces of clothing do most airline pilots own that have their airline's name on it?" It may sound like a stupid question but most SWA employees will say quite a few; most others I've spoken with have zero or 1 or 2 at the most; it merely illustrates the amount
pride one has in one's place of work.

4. Does management take care (definition varies I know) of its employees financially and their families?

5. Speak to the employees and get an idea of how management has gone out of its way to help them personally and compare to your own experience or those at other airlines.

6. Ask the employees if they "enjoy coming to work" and their fellow employees.

7. Do you see employee groups working together for the most part?

8. Are the SWA the most productive pilots in the industry? This illustrates work ethic and desire that has been a trademark for SWA since its inception.

None of the above by themselves are singularly unique to SWA; however, they are unique as a whole in that I believe they all apply 95% of the time to our operations.

All of the above and much more requires significant homework and more than merely reading the ramblings of a few posters on an anonymous forum.

If you chose your future spouse by just reading their rants on match.com or marryme.com then you may find that you might be surprised by how far off your expectations are for that person. Forums are one dimensional only and

Lll anonymous forums are even less illustrative of the real persons and create false impressions IMHO.

If you don't wish to apply or have a low opinion of SWA after doing all of the above, then we aren't who we say we are.

I suspect that if you do your homework, the answers will be shockingly clear why our little airline has as much pride as it does; that may seem over the top
or hokey to some but that is OK, different strokes as the saying goes.

Have a good Labor Day weekend, cheers,

One Happy and proud SWA employee & pilot

Nah, not buying it Chase. Most of your guys seem like cocky jerks. This whole AT deal could have been treated so much better by showing some respect for your new brethren, instead you used money to try to lure away common decency and QOL, and you got CAUGHT! You could have used the ONLY successful method used so far (joint contract first) but NO!!!! Cocky a-holes! You made a deal with the Devil, and he now lives in Texas. You deserve the carnage YOU created. What goes around comes around.

No soup for you!

OYS

Last edited:
Chase,

Thank you for taking the time to write that post. Very well thought out and not pretentious at all. I just had this naive thought that everything was rainbows and butterflies at SWA, but I guess there are some at every airline. It's unfortunate that there are some very vocal pilots from SWA on this board that bring down the image of your airline.

I also would have thought there would have been a more positive reaction to the AirTran pilots. "Welcome aboard. This is a great airline and you will be very happy here. Let's get this done so we can grow this thing" was more of what I was expecting than arguing over and over about how good SWA is and how the AirTran guys don't belong.

Latest resources

Back