• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My conversation with a "Delta" pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I disagree. The guy butts into someone else's conversation just so he can make some poor flight instructor look bad. He even lied to do it. I guess that makes him feel superior.

Nindiri said:
I disagree. The guy butts into someone else's conversation just so he can make some poor flight instructor look bad. He even lied to do it. I guess that makes him feel superior.

Ok Nin fair enough. But If you were in his situation would you have done anything different? Best option would probably be just laugh to yourself and leave that way no one gets embarrassed and lives happily ever after. Good point. But the guy isn't arrogant. He just called it how it was.

Okay, perhaps I'm being a bit harsh calling him an arrogant asshole, he may be a really nice guy normally and if so, I apologize. But in this specific case I think he was being an obnoxious bully. Based on his narrative, she wasn't bothering anyone, she simply answered a couple of questions asked her by someone else. Yeah, she was stretching things a bit but I don't see what the big deal was.

How hard is it to cut a poor flight instructor a little slack? These guys and gals get precious little pay and even less respect. What's the point of making her look foolish just for kicks? So he did it for the "comedic value", did he? Yes, very funny; unless you're the butt of the joke and have been humiliated in front of your friends and coworkers like she was.

And why was it necessary for him to lie? He was not a furloughed Delta pilot, and he certainly knew that Delta has a flight school yet he told everyone in hearing range that she was lying about there being one.

Nindiri said:

Posing as a delta guy to call someone out for posing as a delta pilot. I agree, that's messed up but I think he was OK for challenging her story.

Last edited:
....they're also fun to play with.
Yeah ... I like to draw smiley faces on 'em and hold a debate.

I don't have anything I need to blame on anyone.
Me either ... but I'm looking very hard for something.

Minh

Actually, i'm not an AGGRGANT asshole...... i'm just a plain ol' asshole ;-)

HUGE difference.......

HUGE....

Hey, I know Shorts too and I agree that he's definitely one of the most non-aggrantest guys around. If he butted into somebody's conversation, it must have been well-deserved.

Snakum said:
Yeah ... I like to draw smiley faces on 'em and hold a debate.

I do the same thing, but in my debates they are required to share one microphone. ;)

Great story, bet you feel real proud to make an a$$ out of someone! Why is there so much anomosity in this industry? Is it you job to call her bluff? What has happened to this website? There is no useful information anymore. It's all basing, grammer correcting and adjusting other peoples attitudes. The quality of the career will never turn around until we all play for the same team! Get some class a$$wipe!

Latest resources

Back