• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My conversation with a "Delta" pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That would be the same as me going around telling people I'm a United pilot. Which I always dreamed of being, but looks like now I may never have the chance.

Last edited:
Alchemy said:
Who wears their uniform outside the airport, aircraft, or outside a vehicle on its way to or from the airport? Maybe it's excusable if you're stopping at a gas station on the way to work, otherwise....

Seriously, I wonder about this. I stop at Subway(tm) on my way to/from work. Yes, I take off the ID badge and hat but leave the rest of it intact out of respect for my employer. I've even been known to stop at my local grocery store on the way home to pick up necessities.

Why in the hell should I go all the way home, change, then go back and do shopping when I'm already hungry? I don't see anyone else changing out of their uniforms. I see construction workers, white collar workers, firefighters, policemen all doing the same types of activities without taking off half their uniform to do some mundane errand on their way to/from work. Heck, military pilots PUT ON their uniform to go to a bar (I saw it in Top Gun).

It's not like we're trying to impress people here. We're just doing the basic tasks associated with everyday life.

Wang Chung said:
I do the same thing, but in my debates they are required to share one microphone. ;)

Wang Chung, you made my day. I need some alone time, now.

sluminginpit said:
It's all basing, grammer correcting and adjusting other peoples attitudes.

Get some class a$$wipe!
You might have meant bashing, it's spelled grammar, and the possessive requires an apostrophe here: people's.

Doesn't calling someone an asswipe (no, you don't need dollar signs) fall under bashing? :confused: It's certainly not classy.

:rolleyes:

Nindiri said:
Okay, perhaps I'm being a bit harsh calling him an arrogant asshole, he may be a really nice guy normally and if so, I apologize. But in this specific case I think he was being an obnoxious bully. Based on his narrative, she wasn't bothering anyone, she simply answered a couple of questions asked her by someone else. Yeah, she was stretching things a bit but I don't see what the big deal was.

How hard is it to cut a poor flight instructor a little slack? These guys and gals get precious little pay and even less respect. What's the point of making her look foolish just for kicks? So he did it for the "comedic value", did he? Yes, very funny; unless you're the butt of the joke and have been humiliated in front of your friends and coworkers like she was.

And why was it necessary for him to lie? He was not a furloughed Delta pilot, and he certainly knew that Delta has a flight school yet he told everyone in hearing range that she was lying about there being one.

She stretched things, and he lied? She lied flat out, she did it to promote herself, and her ego, that was the reason. It is insulting to the thousands of pilots that have worked, slaved and paid their dues to make it to an airline, for her to walk around being cute and playing airline pilot.

Even worse, she wan't masking over flying for a subsidary, she doesn't even fly for a regional, she is a flight instructor.

They both lied. However while one was done at the expense of others to look good and self promote, the other was done to teach a lesson and humble someon who is rather full of themself.

IMO
AA

Last edited:
Doesn't calling someone an asswipe (no, you don't need dollar signs) fall under bashing?
Well ... not here, and not in New York city, it don't. :(

Mr. Microphone
"Hey good-looking! We'll be back to pick you up later!"

(Tony ... how ya' like my sentence constructionship? :D)

I quit school in the third grade, 'cause they had 'Recess'. And ... well, I don't play. :D

Minh-O-Matic

Latest resources

Back