• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

My conversation with a "Delta" pilot

flyinyourShorts

Old Convair's never die
Total Time
9AM
I susually don't crawl out of my hole in the cargo forum, but here is one I think you guys would enjoy.

I'm sitting in a resturant in Sanford, FL today and in walks this gal in a pilots uniform. She and a few guys(I assume students), get seated behind me. The server askes who she flies for, and she responds she flies for Delta. The server asks her did she think the airline would go bankrupt, and she said she hoped not so she would have a job, bla, bla, bla.......

Having about enough of this, I turned around and said "Oh, you fly for Delta? I'm furloughed Delta myself(i'm not, but I couldn't resist!!), and asked her what she flew. Her eyes got real big, and she got really red in the face!! She said she worked in training, and I asked her what airplane did she train on.... She paused a second and said "well.... I work for Comair". I said oh, you fly RJ's then?!? She once again changed her story and said she worked for "Delta's flight school", to which I replied I didn't know they had one and I didn't think she really worked for Delta afterall.

Oh well, it sucks to get busted......

Those poor guys at the table never opened their mouths, good for them! Goes to show you never know who is hearing you tell BS when your nothing more than a humble flight instructor. I just hope they don't find out I really don't work for Delta either...

ohplease!

Total Time
10K+
the really sad part is, she'll get on with a major before most of us....

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
My problem seems to be the opposite. I say I fly for Comair and they say "oh Delta". I say no Comair and they say " it's all the same". Not always but you would be surprised how often I get that!:confused:

rk772

Here we go STEELERS!!
Total Time
doh said:
My problem seems to be the opposite. I say I fly for Comair and they say "oh Delta". I say no Comair and they say " it's all the same". Not always but you would be surprised how often I get that!:confused:

And then they start in with:

"So, when you get some more experience, are they going to let you move up to the big airplanes"

spacecadet1

Total Time
Just tell them that you kept crashing the "big ones", so they sent you back to fly those little puddle jumpers.

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Total Time
Enough
Well if she was in fact a Comair pilot, I'd have given her a pass for just saying "Delta" when asked who she works for. It's much easier than explaining the whole "well, we fly a Delta code-share" thing, unless you're talking to other pilots or airline cognoscenti.

shamrock

Total Time
1 year
Read it again I.P., she was an instructor at Delta's (Comair) flight school. :p

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Total Time
Enough
I repeat, "if she was actually a Comair pilot". I caught that. Just figured I'd throw in a preemptive strike on the "how dare she say she works for Delta" battleship. :)

Corbon

Major League Infidel
Total Time
Was she hot or standard aviation grade ugly?

doh

Jump seat shrink
Total Time
48 yrs
rk772 said:
And then they start in with:

"So, when you get some more experience, are they going to let you move up to the big airplanes"

It's easier to say I'm a garbage man for St. Pete!

viper548

Total Time
I.P. Freley said:
Well if she was in fact a Comair pilot, I'd have given her a pass for just saying "Delta" when asked who she works for. It's much easier than explaining the whole "well, we fly a Delta code-share" thing, unless you're talking to other pilots or airline cognoscenti.

What's wrong with her saying "Delta Connection" IF she worked for Comair? I tell people I work for United Express, and they usually say, oh SkyWest?

sleddriver77

Reformed Bush Pilot
Total Time
10000+
Corbon said:
Was she hot or standard aviation grade ugly?

I believe they only come in the one flavor, unfortunately the latter.

barnyard

F Caravans
Total Time
viper548 said:
What's wrong with her saying "Delta Connection" IF she worked for Comair? I tell people I work for United Express, and they usually say, oh SkyWest?

No kiddin!

I always tell people I work for UPS and DHL Express...

JD2003

Total Time
nuff
I've heard this same kinda BS before in airport bars...it is truly pathetic.

When asked what I do...I usually tell people I am a truck driver...then they leave me alone and don't ask any more questions.

I.P. Freley

I like people food
Total Time
Enough
viper548 said:

Then you run into people who know something about airlines. I don't get excited about people saying they work for the carrier that they actually code share with, many people don't understand the distinction... And after having such conversations with dozens of people, it's just easier to say "I work for Delta". It's not like you're trying to get over on someone by saying that, you just avoid the long explanation and the blank looks.