Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinyourShorts

Old Convair's never die
I susually don't crawl out of my hole in the cargo forum, but here is one I think you guys would enjoy.

I'm sitting in a resturant in Sanford, FL today and in walks this gal in a pilots uniform. She and a few guys(I assume students), get seated behind me. The server askes who she flies for, and she responds she flies for Delta. The server asks her did she think the airline would go bankrupt, and she said she hoped not so she would have a job, bla, bla, bla.......

Having about enough of this, I turned around and said "Oh, you fly for Delta? I'm furloughed Delta myself(i'm not, but I couldn't resist!!), and asked her what she flew. Her eyes got real big, and she got really red in the face!! She said she worked in training, and I asked her what airplane did she train on.... She paused a second and said "well.... I work for Comair". I said oh, you fly RJ's then?!? She once again changed her story and said she worked for "Delta's flight school", to which I replied I didn't know they had one and I didn't think she really worked for Delta afterall.

Oh well, it sucks to get busted......

Those poor guys at the table never opened their mouths, good for them! Goes to show you never know who is hearing you tell BS when your nothing more than a humble flight instructor. I just hope they don't find out I really don't work for Delta either...

My problem seems to be the opposite. I say I fly for Comair and they say "oh Delta". I say no Comair and they say " it's all the same". Not always but you would be surprised how often I get that!:confused:

doh said:
My problem seems to be the opposite. I say I fly for Comair and they say "oh Delta". I say no Comair and they say " it's all the same". Not always but you would be surprised how often I get that!:confused:

And then they start in with:

"So, when you get some more experience, are they going to let you move up to the big airplanes"

Well if she was in fact a Comair pilot, I'd have given her a pass for just saying "Delta" when asked who she works for. It's much easier than explaining the whole "well, we fly a Delta code-share" thing, unless you're talking to other pilots or airline cognoscenti.

Latest resources

Back