• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My conversation with a "Delta" pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I repeat, "if she was actually a Comair pilot". I caught that. Just figured I'd throw in a preemptive strike on the "how dare she say she works for Delta" battleship. :)

Was she hot or standard aviation grade ugly?

rk772 said:
And then they start in with:

"So, when you get some more experience, are they going to let you move up to the big airplanes"

It's easier to say I'm a garbage man for St. Pete!

I.P. Freley said:
Well if she was in fact a Comair pilot, I'd have given her a pass for just saying "Delta" when asked who she works for. It's much easier than explaining the whole "well, we fly a Delta code-share" thing, unless you're talking to other pilots or airline cognoscenti.

What's wrong with her saying "Delta Connection" IF she worked for Comair? I tell people I work for United Express, and they usually say, oh SkyWest?

Corbon said:
Was she hot or standard aviation grade ugly?

I believe they only come in the one flavor, unfortunately the latter.

viper548 said:
What's wrong with her saying "Delta Connection" IF she worked for Comair? I tell people I work for United Express, and they usually say, oh SkyWest?

No kiddin!

I always tell people I work for UPS and DHL Express...

I've heard this same kinda BS before in airport bars...it is truly pathetic.

When asked what I do...I usually tell people I am a truck driver...then they leave me alone and don't ask any more questions.

viper548 said:

Then you run into people who know something about airlines. I don't get excited about people saying they work for the carrier that they actually code share with, many people don't understand the distinction... And after having such conversations with dozens of people, it's just easier to say "I work for Delta". It's not like you're trying to get over on someone by saying that, you just avoid the long explanation and the blank looks.

Latest resources

Back