• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My conversation with a "Delta" pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Using a chi-squared test of proportions, it was found that about 0.39% of female pilots employed by major airlines had pilot-error accidents during 1986-1992. Conversely, only about 0.1% of their male counterparts had pilot-error accidents."

Talking about chi-squared test of proportions, I found a recent study equally painful. 62% of americans say they are not good in math, while the other 52% said that they were good.

know what it was about. I was just calling attention to your "way" of thinking...and how you think it's valid.
Enough said...about YOU. In fact, every time you open your mouth, you communicate it loud and clear.
Good day, simpleton. I hope you continue to find others who you can blame your shortcomings on.

Obviously You have some short comings if you are rooting around in a regional thread with 18,000 hours/Boeing Types,,,if that's even true...

He just got off his 1 week restriction. Guess he's got to make up for lost time.....................................

What a joker

Last edited:
Black Water Dog said:
Big knockers open big doors.

....they're also fun to play with. That's all I have to contribute to this discussion.

- Wang

Alchemy said:
Who wears their uniform outside the airport, aircraft, or outside a vehicle on its way to or from the airport? Maybe it's excusable if you're stopping at a gas station on the way to work, otherwise....

If I must go out in public in uniform, the least I can do is take the wings, epaulets, id badge, and tie off, untuck my shirt, and unbutton the collar. Better to look like a mormon who's turned to crack.....

Is it really that embarassing?

Women should be ironing my uniform so that I can wear it to the mall . . .

Let me see, where do I begin?

T-Gates: most disturbing Avitar
Taters: second most disturbing Avitar
UZAInstructor: you lost me after the word "statistic"
DOH: they don't collect trash in St. Pete any more; they just wait for the next hurricane to blow it away.

I am very proud of my uniform and wear it frequently during my days off. When people ask me who I fly for, I tell them politely that my employment is security sensitive and that I cannot divulge my employer's name without a specific Homeland Security clearance. That usually gets the chicks pretty worked up, particularly at the mall where, of course, I wear my uniform.

With respect to women and flying, it reminds me of that Billy Crystal line in "When Harry Met Sally" (which I watched at the theatre in my uniform): "Men and women cannot be friends because the man is always thinking about how he might be able to get in her pants." If that is true, then having a woman pilot in the cockpit is, of course, inherently more dangerous. The man is just going through the motion of reading the checklist when, in fact, he is really thinking about whether he can log PIC time while getting laid. If I am a passenger and I see a woman pilot, I am looking for another flight unless, of course, I am flying on United where I will simply end up with another woman pilot.

I hope this was helpful. Keep your letters coming.

flyinyourShorts said:
I susually don't crawl out of my hole in the cargo forum, but here is one I think you guys would enjoy.

I'm sitting in a resturant in Sanford, FL today and in walks this gal in a pilots uniform. She and a few guys(I assume students), get seated behind me. The server askes who she flies for, and she responds she flies for Delta. The server asks her did she think the airline would go bankrupt, and she said she hoped not so she would have a job, bla, bla, bla.......

Having about enough of this, I turned around and said "Oh, you fly for Delta? I'm furloughed Delta myself(i'm not, but I couldn't resist!!), and asked her what she flew. Her eyes got real big, and she got really red in the face!! She said she worked in training, and I asked her what airplane did she train on.... She paused a second and said "well.... I work for Comair". I said oh, you fly RJ's then?!? She once again changed her story and said she worked for "Delta's flight school", to which I replied I didn't know they had one and I didn't think she really worked for Delta afterall.

Oh well, it sucks to get busted......

Those poor guys at the table never opened their mouths, good for them! Goes to show you never know who is hearing you tell BS when your nothing more than a humble flight instructor. I just hope they don't find out I really don't work for Delta either...

I suppose it made you feel better to humble a "mere" flight instructor even though you had to butt into someone else's conversation to do it. Arrogant asshole.

Latest resources

Back