• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most embarassing moment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
in a hurry to get the freight run started in the Metro... run up the stairs, catch that little flap at the top, and do a face plant right on the chart case. Legs dangling on the stairs and face in charts, I hear all the DHL guys laughing their a$$ off.

Still trying to live that one down.

Way2Broke said:
What do you know about safety in a Jet or Turbo-prop with 350 hours? Come on relax man!

thats already been established. read back a few pages:)

Being so tired after a flip-flop, walked out of the forward lav with my Sausage and Eggs hanging out and getting a date from the FA!

Face plant

I was at a job interview with the chief pilot. We're walking across the ramp to his office and I rolled my ankle on an invisible boulder and did a face plant in front of 4 people and the chief pilot.

He must have felt bad for me cause he offered me the job. I think he's still waiting for me to come tumbling out of the plane one of these days.

Embarrassing for a buddy instructor several years ago: my student and I are in the pattern following my friend and his student doing T&G's. Only our two planes in the pattern. We hear my friends voice over tower freq, "That's not a scab... it's a booger." We were laughing so hard we forgot to turn base for a few miles.

V2plus25 said:
in a hurry to get the freight run started in the Metro... run up the stairs, catch that little flap at the top, and do a face plant right on the chart case. Legs dangling on the stairs and face in charts, I hear all the DHL guys laughing their a$$ off.

Still trying to live that one down.

Well...........you and I have something in common. Read my post on the first page.

AF :cool:

Here I sit, typing with a broken wrist, yet another casualty of the Lear 35 bottom door. All my coworkers think it's hilarious.
Everywhere I go now, people see the cast on my arm and ask, "What happened?"
They never believe me when I answer, "I fell out of an airplane."

funny

I order 300 gallons of Jet Negative Piss instead of saying Prist on the Unicom.
When I walked in FBO, the Girl behind the counter couldn't stop laughing..she new me!

I also told a female controller after she asked "how is your ride?" ...I said "we have just a little nipple up here" The other pilot about died, starting laughing hard, I started laughing she kept saying "say again" "say again" we could not talk on the radio for ten minutes until we stopped laughing like fools.

Yes, I am the king of faux pas!

Just about ran down the battery on a 172 trying to start it when I finally looked down to see the fuel was in the off position! It looked like both to me when I looked at it... oh well.

Fly

Tried to taxi without removing chocks, had to shut down, get out and get them and start up again. I dont think anyone out side saw, it was a really small airport, but it sure made a good impression on the girl on the inside.

Flew one of what seems like the only 172's in the world with no fueling steps and who needs a ladder? Fuel hose in one hand, pulling myself up with the other, foot slips off the back of the strut and down I go, then nozzle hits me in the face. I felt like the worlds largest retard. Thankfully I didnt hurt myself tobadly, bruises, scrapes, and a few sore muscles.

Yeah and I would not try any 100LL in the face either, tastes about like it smells.

oh yeah, I said yes sir or something to a female controller one time, I was thinking about something else while talking on the radio (bad idea), then after I said it I tried to appoligize and that just made me seems like a bigger idiot, thankfully she didnt seem to pissed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back