• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most embarassing moment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taking a friend and his girlfriend up for a little scenic flight in the seminole and forgot the tail tie down, took me a few seconds to figure out why we weren't moving. Had to shut down, get out and un-hook it. The next day my flight instructor comes up to me and says "so I heard you tried to taxi with the tail still hooked to the tie down" DOH!!!!!

ifleyelearz said:
...forgetting to pull chocks after loading up 8 pax, closing the door, sitting down, and about to call ground for taxi.
Been there, done that! I found though that a few extra pounds of thrust from the engines will usually remedy that problem, and that way you get to save face, and passengers are none the wiser! :D

FN FAL said:
Hahaha...you walked into a sliding glass door once, the DJ, well...he's a DJ. What's his excuse? Hahaha... :D

Yea...but he probably went home with that girl that night.

Another time, while playing baseball, I was running from 3rd base to home to score the winning run...all the moms and dads were screaming in support of our pending victory (this was little league), and as I crossed home plate basking in the glory, I slipped and fell right on my back with a big *WHOMP*. Very smooth.

A LONG time ago, while flying a Turbo Commander for a company, a friend of mine invited me to make a trip with him in his companies Citation. Coming back to the home base empty, he let me fly left seat. Upon landing, he said, "go into reverse", so I felt for something that would put the plane in reverse. I found two little things that felt like the things I used to go into reverse on the Commander, so I pulled those two little things up and then brought the power levers into "reverse". Things suddenly got very quiet and it occurred to me that I probably shouldn't have touched those two things! Anyway, we rolled to the end of the runway and started the engines again. My friend was rolling with laughter! Needless to say, I soon found out where the piggybacks were.

^^^^^ that seems to be more of a saftey issue more that an embarassment

I did my initial training at ERAU in Datyona Beach, FL. My instructor always said "Let the plane accelerate past 95 before reducing the power".
On my 1st flight, Ray Bans on, I started doing the 4 fundamentals. Straight and level, turns, decends: I was the Czar of aviating skills, I thought. Then the climb: OK.
Level off, "Let plane accelerate past 95", I rememebered.
I leveled off; the airspeed increased.
"What are you going to do"? asked the CFI.
I recited his rule for him.
"Well, what's our speed"? he asked.
It was around the 110 mark.
"Well"? he asked again.
"'Well' what"? I snapped back.
I thought he was talking about the interstate!
I'll bet he's still laughing today!

Kream926 said:
^^^^^ that seems to be more of a saftey issue more that an embarassment

Not in a Citation. Brakes work fine with no engines, and all landing charts are based on no TR's. Empty, with probably not that much fuel, based on my #'s, he probably needed a little over 2,000 feet of runway to get down and stopped. I would've been laughing my a$$ off too!!

Dude, go have a beer and lighten up!!!

Took my dad and two of his buddies out for a $100 hamburger. The last time I had flown with the old man was two days after my private in the mighty 172. I went to another school and was flying Bonanza's for about 6 months. The whole preflight and car ride there he's telling these guys how great my landings were. That is, until I bounced it 6 times.......

CapnVegetto said:
Not in a Citation. Brakes work fine with no engines, and all landing charts are based on no TR's. Empty, with probably not that much fuel, based on my #'s, he probably needed a little over 2,000 feet of runway to get down and stopped. I would've been laughing my a$$ off too!!

Dude, go have a beer and lighten up!!!

sorry, wasnt sure. i never flown anything but props.

and i am drinkin one right now, just for you, and ailerongirl.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back