• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most embarassing moment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Opened the bottom door on the Lear and face-planted on to the red carpet at Santa Monica when the restaraunt was still open. It was a Saturday evening at about 8PM, good weather so that terrace was packed. I'd guess about 50-75 people saw me do it; even the line guy couldn't keep a straight face.

Like high school all over again....

i was checking the fuel on a 172 once. it was parked so the tire was right on the edge of a ramp and there was a significant drop off. after stepping down my foot rolled off the edge of the pavement! couldn't fly for almost a month!

1. Exit row announcement on the CD freq. in LAX

2. In a hurry to get out on time, I was hustling around the Mighty Metro making sure that all of the doors were secure. As I ran up the steps, the flap at the top of the steps (the one that's supposed to protect the bleed air line that seals the MCD. You know the one: the one that gets caught in the door and chops the line in half.) had popped up a bit. I tripped on it, fell forward in to the luggage bin on the right side of the cabin. The gentleman that was sitting in the seat behind the bin looked at me as I was extricating myself from the bin and said " Son, I hope you fly better than you walk."

3. Being heard to say "Man, did you see the size of her melons?" over the din of the Garrett engines.

4. I go to work Tuesday...............we'll see.

AF :cool:

...forgetting to pull chocks after loading up 8 pax, closing the door, sitting down, and about to call ground for taxi.
Where's that line boy when you need 'em?

I have far too many to list here. It would take too much time. I'll give one - tried a start with a prop strap still connected. Real Smooth. Nobody saw that I know of. Just hopped out and took it off.

Mr. I.

Those entry steps must be treated with respect. Beautiful clear winter day, and I'm in a good mood. I trot down the steps in full uniform, hands in my pockets, and leap off the last one onto the pavement below. Trouble being it's winter, and the ramp is covered in glycol. My foot has zero purchase, and I eat asphalt a quarter second later. My hands are encumbered, so my only defense is to dissipate some of that forward motion by a kind of tuck-and-roll maneuver down the slightly sloping ramp. I pick up my glycol covered self, look around to see who witnessed this, and see through the terminal windows all 19 of our passengers watching this performance, eyebrows raised.

Checking fuel on a 172 when I fall backwards off that tiny a$$ step on the side of the cowling. My pants caught the little air scoop thing for the vent and brought it with me. They told me dont worry about it, it was broken anyways and we were needing to fix it. I got a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** bill from the FBO for $600 a few weeks later altough!

how many are guilty of leaving one of the tie towns tied?

i got another one involving taking a girl flying but thats for another thread

Anybody that's ever flown a LR-25 or 35 can relate to this one. One day (when I was new to the A/C), I managed to open the door to a LR-25 while sitting on the bottom of it.......fell right out of the plane. CA was laughing his a$$ off, line guy was laughing his a$$ off, and I was dusting asphalt off of my brand new jet pilot uniform looking like a complete dumba$$.

Another time, showed up for a trip in the CL-65, the really hot flight attendant waved to me, I waved back slipped off about the 3rd or 4th step, fell flat on my back along with my suitcase and flight case which managed to land right on top of my head. Flight attendant was all serious like "are you OK??" I just lay thinking, 'this is gonna be a long 4 days now." I don't want to know what she was really thinking at that moment, but there went any chance I had of getting her number.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back