• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most embarassing moment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I almost knocked myself out running up the conveyor belt to get in the cargo bay of the ATR after a preflight. I raised my head too soon and hit the door, which was hanging down. My hat went flying down to the ground and I literally saw stars. I went down and picked up my hat with a bleeding forehead (from that d*mn emblem stem above the bill). The passengers were all boarding into the back of the plane. I'm sure they all saw me but I didn't dare look.

Big mess

How about throwing up on a PPL checkride. I had not eaten lunch (test started at 1300) and after a grueling unusual attitude recovery portion I started feeling kind of nauseous. I open the 172 window and take deep breaths . . . no dice. I tell the examiner that the stuff is coming out soon so I lean out . . . he says not a good idea 'cause I'll be all over the airplane. I ask for suggestions (there is no plastic bag) and he says put it under your t-shirt, so I pull the collar above my nose and let it loose. He took control of the airplane for a few minutes, and I thought maybe he'll end it there, but nonetheless he let me continue the checkride (there was only one maneuver left) and land the airplane. Of course he didn't spend too much time in the plane after shut down ha ha as he hastily walked off to the school to type up my temporary license. I spend most of the post-flight trying to come up with an excuse for the big stain in my shirt that my instructor and the people at the school would surely notice (not to mention the smell), but as I was walking off the ramp I remember that I had put my gym bag in the trunk of my car so I was able to grab a clean shirt and sneak to the bathroom to change shirts. It was all to no avail as the examiner had told a few people and they had that "special" grin in their faces when they congratulated me. You can take it for granted that neither my examiner or I will EVER forget that checkride!

I might have put it all over the plane rather than my shirt, just take a hose to the plane and it will be good as new, but either way that just sucks. I have never had that problem but I always carry a few sick sacks in my flight bag in case passengers get sick.

FlyJordan said:
oh yeah, I said yes sir or something to a female controller one time,

Haha, I said, "thank you sir" to a female Canadian Customs agent on the phone a couple months back. Whoooops. :eek:

She acted like she didn't hear it, but she must've. I felt like a douche. It was too early in the morning or somethin', cause she sure didn't sound like a man.

About 25 years ago I was teaching a private ground school class and was on weather stuff. The class had a few women in it intently hanging on every word I said of course. When I was trying to say "cold front" I accidently said very clearly "fold cun_" I corrected myself very quickly but as I was looking at the class of about 20 or so, based on their wide grins, I could see that no one missed what I said. Just thinking of that incident still makes me turn beet red! I have 40 more very embarressing stories just to do with flying and ten times as many outside flying. It sucks being me!

I was Fueling a C-185 on day and i slipped off the ladder. I ended up on the ramp with the fuel nozzel on my chest. What made it worse was the when i fell, i pulled the grounding wire off the airplane. It then proceeded to smack me squarly in the face, as it automatically retracted back to the fuel truck. All of this in front of the owners daughter, who was about my age. Smooth....real smooth.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back