• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
a320driver-

Big, big, talk.

speedbird-

Severe discipline??? Please grow up and try to get over your insecurities.

Why do you feel so threatened?

My guess is that he just got a couple of months off without pay. The company will push for more the union less BUT lets try to keep in mind that our naked buddies at SWA got their jobs back.

My observations:
1. He may have wanted the additional two monts off so that he could go back down to South America and finish the religious mission that he just came off of. For all I know he asked for a PLofA and was denied.

2. His name and seniority number are on the APA's web site. It appears that he is a fairly senior pilot (top 10%) so he knew what he was doing and what the ramifications would be. IMHO, with his sen# he may be close to retirement and this was his parting shot.

3. Or. He's just too stupid to be in the cockpit and they should fire his as

"SEVERE DISCIPLINE" - Some Aviators these days make me hate what I do. To know there are people in this proffession with this type of attitude. It's bad enough to have the FAA trying to pull your ticket now you have to worry about your own co-workers trying to get you "severe discipline".

Brotherhood in Aviation is Dead

Last week on my BUR-LAS flight I asked if all the strippers on board would please raise their hand.

canyonblue said:
Last week on my BUR-LAS flight I asked if all the strippers on board would please raise their hand.

Amen Brother

Ha Ha canyonblue

Canyonblue,

That was great! By the way, was that improper? What if you just wanted to convert them to Jesus?
Can't believe there are any strippers on the OAK-LAS or BUR-LAS or LAX-LAS or SNA-LAS, that's impossible.

Last edited:
Mad Dog 80

How would you feel if someone tries to push you into believing a religion you dint believe. Imagine someone trying to convert you to Islam or a captain saying that there is no god, no heaven, no nothing. Would you feel offended?
Its not the captain job to convert people to his religion. His job is to fly the plane.
Nobody deserves severe punishment, you are right, but he shouldnt be able to get away from this that easy neither.

Nut case?

I personally would be a little worried about the mental state of this Captain. Regardless of your personal beliefs, wouldn't you wonder about this guy if you were flying with him.

I flew with a guy a while back who used to brief that if the apocalypse came while we were flying than I had the controls. Now I'm gald that he was a Christian and I hoped to be there with him, but I certainly questioned the guy's sanity for briefing that sort of thing. Imagine the faith that must have instilled in the rest of the crew in the back also. What kind of nut do we have flying us around today? Certainly doesn't give yo the warm and fuzzy flying with somebody dragging that kind of baggage inside their head.

I don't know what type of punishment might be appropriate, but perhaps it is time for that Captain to retire and find another line of work where he can preach the gospel to folks who want to hear it.

FJ

Why all the annoyance and hatred toward this pilot? Of course the cockpit of an airliner is not the place to overtly preach to the public and his remarks were probably inappropriate BUT why are we going for his jugular and suggesting he be fired over something like that? We gave a bigger break on this board to the Virgin (no pun intended) pilot who was accused of showing up drunk by the TSA. Why is the mention of religion such a hot topic for those who profess no religious belief?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back